Author Topic: Tennesse Classic  (Read 90953 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Tennesse Classic
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2012, 11:09:11 am »
Pappy:  Is there something in that list of possible trade items that would entice you to let go of one of your deer skins?  This seemed like a good idea when I was setting in my hell room with below weather outside and me needing a project or two to do.  My dad used to tell me that I would "let my alligator mouth over load my grasshopper rearend!"  I hope that is not the case this time.  I have asked for some spiritual help to keep this from being one of those "what was I thinking moments.   :-[  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2012, 12:01:22 pm »
My dad used to tell me that I would "let my alligator mouth over load my grasshopper rearend!" 

Joe, I wouldn't worry about those fears but that quote is a CLASSIC and your Ol' Man had a great grasp of reality.  (I often suffer from the same issue  :-\ )
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 07:08:37 am »
Joe I am sure we can work something out. ;) ;D ;D ;D Lee I have the same problem also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27:36 am »
I have a few knifes/sheaths left over that weren't given as gifts for Christmas. May have some local river cane cut for arrows... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2012, 11:11:28 am »
Greg:  Have you looked at what I am offering to trade?  Would be an honor to have one of your knives!  I hope to have time to make some things for trade.  I lost my source of bladders for the canteens, so am worried about something to make for the Classic's raffle!  A/Ho Joe

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2012, 12:13:45 pm »
I'm going to try to get at least a few knives made up by then to barter with.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:24 pm »
Joe I am sure we can work something out. ;) ;D ;D ;D Lee I have the same problem also. :) :)
   Pappy

LOL  >:D  I think with all your friends and lovely wife your problem can't be all that great my friend.  Just a continual up hill character development path for this man...always upward never slowing  8)
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:28 am »
Joe, no need for trading...all you've already done for me in the past, one of my knifes will be yours if you want it friend!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »
A year ago someone had posted some pics of small polled hand axes they were making and bringing to the Classic.  Anyone remember who it was and if they will be there this year.  I feel a certain "need" for one.

NOT SAYING I'M COMING OR ANYTHING (fingers crossed behind my back, pinch of salt over the left shoulder, turning counterclockwise in my path). 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2012, 01:07:59 am »
I forgot his name but he came from Pennslyvannia with RyanO and Bob. They were nice. Are you going to bring your old butt This year?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2012, 11:17:59 am »
Mullet:  Am going to try and sounds like J W will be helping me drive and probably making me laugh.  Don't Know about Josiah Huston yet!  I have a couple of small wood slabs that I used to make clocks out of.  Maybe your wife would like one of those?  A/Ho Joe

Offline cracker

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2012, 12:32:47 pm »
I forgot his name but he came from Pennslyvannia with RyanO and Bob. They were nice. Are you going to bring your old butt This year?
Eddie I don't know if it's the same guy or not but Chris Ireland was there last year. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »
Joe;

I was talking about JW's old butt. Ronnie, I think that's who it was.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2012, 08:32:52 pm »
My butt ain't THAT old, Mullet, and unlike some people's heads, mine still has all it's hair!  I've even found ways to grow it out my ears!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline cracker

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »
My butt ain't THAT old, Mullet, and unlike some people's heads, mine still has all it's hair!  I've even found ways to grow it out my ears!
I've managed to keep all the hair on my head so what's you're secred for the ear hair? Is it anything like nasal hair?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?