Author Topic: american warbow society meet and great  (Read 12665 times)

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
Re: american warbow society meet and great
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 06:49:37 pm »
Here's a quick intro vid for the AWBS Northwest region...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkENsediWg

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 10:08:53 pm »
Excellent intro, Cody!  Look forward to seeing more from your group!

I sent everyone on the list for the AWBS an e-mail regarding the skype session in a couple weeks, and some ideas we can all think about until then.  Feel free to contact me if you need to also!

-J.S.
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

(Ren', in Wytheville, VA)

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
Ok, I sent everyone an e-mail that's on the list so far, so anyone interested in attending, please e-mail or skype me back and let me know.

my skype name is:  kataphrakt85

So, our skype session is set for: Saturday, January 21, 6pm (eastern standard time, 5pm central, 4pm mountain, 3pm pacific)

Looking forward to talking to as many of you as possible on there!

Also, we have a great lead on some forum space that we could use for our group. 

I'll keep in touch!

-Jon
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 09:18:24 pm »
i figured this would be a good place to put it out there that i was going to make a youtube channel for the north east, but i have been having troubles making one so for now i am going to use my regular account, fishfinder401. then later on re upload the videos
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 08:29:40 pm »
I'm a bit of a noob on youtube as well, but we'll see what we can do to get a Northeast or East coast presence on youtube, fishfinder.

I wanted to add, the skype session is begining, but we are currently waiting on people to join! 

My skype is:

kataphrakt85, I hope to see some of you guys there if possible!

-Jonathan
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 11:45:33 pm »
Ok, I'm giving you all a quick update from our first skype session, which went fairly well!  Wish some more people could have made it, but we'll have another one just like it next weekend to see if we can get more people involved.

At the session were myself, Noel, and Mark, so only East Coasters.

We talked about:
-EWBS standards for bow and arrow classes and shooting rules (we need to contact them for some details)
-regions thusfar for the AWBS: we have Northwest, Southwest, and East Coast (so far, no members in the midwest or "heartland") for now (we might divide the east coast up later, but for now since we're so spread out, we might as well band together).
-leadership within the AWBS (proposal: having acting governing counsel members until official elections are held with members)
-a June event on the East Coast,
-incorporating Native American archery into the AWBS (we'll have to continue to discuss this amongst ourselves and with the EWBS and see what can be done) or having separate groups (an english warbow group and an "other warbow archery" group) affiliated with each other.

There was a lot of other things we talked about, but that should be a good teaser.

We plan on having another skype session next weekend, same time, unless some of you who weren't able to make it would like to change the time.  Just let me know.

-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi