Author Topic: Christmas Exchange Who Has Shipped And Recieved???  (Read 37710 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Christmas Exchange Who Has Shipped And Recieved???
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »
Thanks Dave I will fix that! This is what I need I need people to take the time to look this list over and help me out here please ;D

Ya stingray I really like the handle, great work!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline bubby

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2012, 09:00:11 pm »
look's like were down to six guy's to ship, going much better than the bow trade, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2012, 09:07:10 pm »
Sorry Josh, I have to take that post back. I got this super cool neck knife from john creason today. ;D ;D ;D

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »
 >:D OK Finally back in town. Finished my exchange gift and shipping in morn. Got my Gift from Beetlebaily1977 today. Realy nice knife will post pics of outgoing gift and received one Tomorrow. >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2012, 10:32:41 pm »
Glad it got there ok, Dave, and I'm glad you like it.  I hope it's useful for you.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »
That's a swell knife TD, great job creason!!  dpgratz  I like that hammer pattern a lot!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:29 pm »
 I have to agree that is an awsome package!!!!! Love the shieth too!!!! Very cool!

Josh
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:18:58 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »
 ;D Shiped and recieved. >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »
YEE HAW!! WHOO HOOO!!  Oh, scues me, I'm shakin a bit.  Got a honk from the mail carrier today while playin in the yard w/ my youngest boy.  I thought, "This has to be a good sign."  He pulls out a long damaged cardboard tube and gives me a speech about insurance.  Being the same guy who has carried several boxes of rock up to me while I knap on the porch, he inquired about the contents and we proceeded to talk about bows and their care...he left and I took some picks of the damaged box and opened it on the end.  Next I slowly pulled a beautiful fully undamaged osage character bow @ my perfect draw and weight, #41@26", with a linen? string!!!!! :o :o :o Fishfinder, you are THE MAN!  This has got to be the most exciting gift I have gotten since getting mt first shotgun @ age 14 in 1984!!  I've never even shot a self bow, so have a bunch of care instructions.  First off, I heat w/ wood here in Indiana, the humidity in my main room is @ 34% right now.  Where should I store it? can I brace it now or let it settle a few days?  I can see where the lower knot was tied, then I'll use a stringer like any other trad bow?  Man I'll be checking this site a lot today I bet.  ;D
I got one pick for now, will change pages and post more later. 

Noel, Thanks a million Buddy!!! dpgratz

And to the rest of you here on PA, "We's some lucky Mugs to have a site like this!!" THANKS!!!!!!

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2012, 01:42:54 pm »
Oh yea, Josh...put a big bold R by bowtarist please.  ;D

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »
Lucky you! Nice looking wood, hope for more pictures also! I would string her up and shoot but thats just me.

Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »
That is way cool, Derik. And good for you, Noel. I knew last years wait would allow you to build this beautiful bow for Derik.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:04 pm »
im glad it made it there ok, for storage try to keep in low humidity, but it was finished with beeswax so it whouldnt be too bad. you can go ahead and brace it now if you want, i put around 1-2 hundred shots through it to make sure it would hold up. you can brace it like any other bow, i persoanlly did it without a stringer, but thats just my preference. the string is actually fastflight, not linnen, if you ever need to re finish it, it is just a hand rubbed beeswax coating over linseed oil, so it should be easy to re apply. if you have any more questions jsut ask
im really glad you like it
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:17 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna stringer up, take some pics and fling a few arrow.  8)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »
List is updated if you see that I missed you or forgot someone let me know. Thanks

Josh