Author Topic: Hog hunting PICS added  (Read 9504 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Hog hunting PICS added
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:18 pm »
WOW! Thats a big hog Cipster! And he is d-e-a-d. Nice work buddy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:16 pm »
bowtarist it wasn't funny with my wife when I tried to sneak that sausage into the breakfast that morning.  Thank you.  The hunt was fun. 

Eddie that is the rule now.. Thats why I didn't bring any meat home from that hog George shoot in the.... ribs  >:D from that first Cross Plains get together :laugh:

Lane thank you for the compliment.  It's intersting you say that because when I drove up to see Cowboy "Paul Wolf" he asked me where Diego was.  It just isn't hunting without him and it isn't fishing without the wife and girls. 

Ron thats a good proper name for it... Well this hoss would have been tough to castrate.. His ears were all sliced and healed over and he had lots of scars on his face. 

George anytime.  The first hog I shoot was a 330 lb boar that came in at dusk to a varmint call.  I know how much it weighed because we managed to load it into my truck and the next day I took it to the feed store and weighed it.  I had the skull and it had massive tusk, but it was stolen out of my classroom years ago.  Funny thing is I since it was February and cold and I was so proud of it I left it in my truck bed for a few days when I parked at school (college).  That is until my wife protested enough and I went out and dropped him off for the coyotes where I had shoot him. 

Lane anytime buddy... lol.... that sounds like the boar meat i tried to cook....

Thank you Pappy ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:13:35 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57:30 pm »
Thanks Pearly.. When I sent George the pic he said I shoot better when he's not around.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Kpete

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 06:09:43 pm »
I was once given a domestic boar that injured his spine while breeding.  My wife and I were mostly broke so I took it.  He was quite strong and even the cured hams were quite smelly.  I ground the hams to make ham loaf and it sounded like I was grinding steel wool.  Maybe the breeding does have something to do with it. 
But I think a boar hog is "always ready to go" if you pardon me.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 06:24:18 pm »
Yes Sir!

That is a nice size hog.
Head should be a nice size and weight.
Cipriano, did you say his tusks are intact?

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:39 pm »
Big hog

Offline criveraville

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »
Here's a picture of a picture of that big 330 lb hog I shoot back in 99. It was my first hog to bag.  I hunted that piece of land for over 12 years and never once saw the hogs during the day.  It took one 270 bullet to the neck and this big boar was down. 

I wish I still had the skull...

Yes sir gus it is all intack ;)

Cipriano

Offline johnston

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 08:02:54 pm »
Cipriano who is that skinny little feller with that big ol' hog?

Lane

Offline criveraville

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 08:30:43 pm »
Lane,

That is the young man I was just 12 years ago :laugh:  No I am a big ol' feller...  ;)

Cipriano

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 09:32:32 pm »
Cipriano, that is one fine hog.  Please post pictures of the skull once it is done.  I would love to see it.  Wild hogs haven't made it to my neck of the woods yet, but when they do, I will probably be calling you for hunting advice.  When is Diego going to get his first hog?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Parnell

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 10:45:53 pm »
Nice hog Cipriano!
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 12:17:36 am »
Cipriano, that is a big hog. It's nice to see someone not exaggerate about the size of the hog they shot without weighing it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 05:40:49 am »
Clint thank you. I sure will post pics when I get the skull done. My good buddy is doing it for me. He's a master craftman and it will be top notch. You really don't want hogs in your area, but I imagine you will have them soon enough. Sure thing. Give me a buzz, but George is the man with the hog hunting know how. Diego actuall had a crack at a nice hog, but he was asleep in the blind and by the time he was ready to shoot the hog took off, but he made it over to George's blind an hour later and George shoot it. There is another big boar that is coming into the feeder at night. I'm hoping during the Christmas break Diego and I can get out there so he can take a crack at one.

Thank you Stephen.

Thank you Eddie. I help onto that weigh receipt (before and after and then their calculation) for years. I don't know where it went. I think it's really easy to overestimate hog weight because they just look so big and massive and the big bones makes folks think they weigh more than they actually do.

Cipriano

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 04:33:54 am »
Man, that thing is a MONSTER!!  Congrats.  Stephenvill huh, our highschool team used to play yalls team every year in the play offs and get our buts whipped half the time.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 05:36:53 am »
Whoa, that second pig is a real monster Cip!  Don't think I've seen one that big to date.  Sorry this weekend's hunt didn't work.  One of the other guys and his son is out there and Cross Plains got enough rain that it's gonna be a mudfest for them.  I'm hoping to head down to Lufkin early next week on a hog hunt.  If late in the week works for you and the rain stops we might could give it a try when I get back.  I have enough vacation left that I have to take most of the next 2 weeks off.

George
St Paul, TX