Author Topic: New Elm Bow  (Read 15628 times)

Offline snedeker

Re: New Elm Bow
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:43:43 pm »
A fine job.  As long as its not hinging or fretting near the fades, it didn't hurt ya.  Ya don't need a heat gun to try out dry heat.  Fire up the range top burners in the kitchen and give it a try sometime..

Dave

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 01:07:03 pm »
Very nice, good to hear it shoots well.
      Sean

This is my 400 th post!  :)
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Dane

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 02:04:51 pm »
Pat, it has far more potential than I have as an archer. It does shoot well, now I just have to get better. Wish I could shoot every day for sure.

Snedecker, I have an electic range, but I do have a gas grill, so that will work just fine. And Sean, congrats on 400! My thread is honored, :)

Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline snedeker

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »
I have an electric range too, and it has heated reflex and/or corrected lots of bows.

Dave

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 03:11:20 pm »
I think you underestimate yourself Dane, looks great!...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 06:24:06 pm »
Hi Dane, looks like a good shooter!

Dry heat works well on elm ;)

Offline Dane

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 06:41:03 pm »
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the words. Andrew, your prehistoric bow was part of the inspiration for this one.

I am a strong critic of myself, you can see, but I think I did do okay with this one. And each bow is a learning experience.

Dane

PS I'm using this bow in a 3D match this coming Sunday. I think I will be the only primitive guy there, and maybe it will open a few eyes toward wood bows instead of borg bows?

SimonUK

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 08:30:31 pm »
I like it  :) A better bow than I could build. To my eyes, the outer half of the limbs seem a bit too straight.

brokennock

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 01:00:04 am »
 Hey, what match are ya attending?

Offline Dane

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 05:40:39 am »
Thanks, Simon. Brokennock, it is a 3D event at my club in Conway MA. It is the big Tristate event, with folks coming from all over the region. I have only done one other 3D event, and guess that it is a big deal for some. Some guys have special compound rigs just for this stuff. 30 targets, tropies, all that stuff.

brokennock

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 02:02:29 am »
Ya, I know what you mean about the "special" set ups. I used to go to a 3-D event Every weekend. All over CT. and parts of Mass. (mainly Lee and Stockbridge) Was fairly competitive for a while, but fell apart when I really started trying to break into the top 5%. I was shooting in the 260 to 270 out of 300 range. When I started makin a big effort to get into the 280s and 290s it all fell apart, I ain't shot the same since, target panic and all that jazz. I'm lucky if a hit 100 now. Oh well, I still love it.
 Some good shoots comin up in Canaan, CT. comin up. Let me know if yer interested.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 06:56:06 am »
Good luck at yer shoot Dane I'm sure she will shoot just fine if ya do your part that is ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 11:56:35 am »
Thanks you guys. If the shoots are not too, too far, maybe so brokennock.

Thanks with the luck, Dana. I will do my best! But, having fun is really important, and I can luckily laugh at myself when I make lousy shots.

Dane

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 12:39:01 pm »
Looks like a stick bow to me and that's why its bookmarked for July Self Bow of the Month.  Nice tiller!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Dane

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 01:33:17 pm »
Are you sure? I am honored, though I do still contend that this bow is not up to being in the contest.

Dane