Author Topic: DCM - the end  (Read 14690 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: DCM - the end
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 08:20:13 pm »
i don't really know you, but i wish i did, my prayers will be with you and your family, you'll be in a better place soon, mabey someday hopefully not for a longtime i will meet you
noel :'(
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 08:39:38 pm »
I aspire to your level of courage and grace when my own time comes.  Happy hunting brother.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 10:10:42 pm »
I say prayers for you and your loved ones.  Peace be with you, David.
1’—>1’

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 12:34:11 am »
I only hope that I can face my mortality with such strength and grace.  I pray for peace and comfort for you and your loved ones and hope your journey is a smooth one.  God speed, brother.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 01:36:57 am »
It may not be my place to offer parting words, as we never met or corresponded.

But in reading your words and bound by the good folks in who's company we now meet I offer my prayers.

May the Great Father grant you the grace to meet your final goals.
May he lend you his strength to meet your departure from this world with your eyes open.
May he gift you with the crystal clear awareness that only he may lend.
So that you can take your final step in this world, and your first step in the next.

I wish you well Bow Brother.

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 03:43:19 am »
David, You have touched many, and You and your loved ones are on the hearts of many my friend.  Our thoughts and prayers be with you, May the Lord grant you peace as you pass from this to the next life.  Know,  that we are here for loved ones as well.  And we will look for you on the other side.  God be with you David

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:06 am »

David, I never had the pleasure of meeting you, but from the replies of others on here who have met, and know you, and their statements of your helping others with this wonderful addiction, I truly wish I had.  When I was a teenager a long time ago..... the Mother of my buddy next door, once said something very profound, that I have never for gotten.  Somehow our conversation had gotten around to death, and dying.  She said most people are not afraid of death, as we all have no choice in the matter, and it is more or less accepted, but their fear of death, is in the manner of death.  I pray your end will be peaceful, with family and friends, and pets with you at your side.  I pray family, and friends, and pets that have passed on before you, will be there waiting to walk with, and guide you.  I pray for peace for all your surviving family, and other loved ones as well.  There are some phenomenal archers on the other side.  Tell them we wish them peace as well.

Wayne

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 06:16:59 am »
I pray for you to have the strength for a calm journey such as my buddy had when he went a week ago.
Make peace with as many as you can, mostly with yourself...
Farewell,
Frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:14 am »
David you will be greatly missed. Its a pretty good measure of a man's life with so many friends like you have. Very sad time,I have thought of you often this weekend. :( :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Jesse

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:45 pm »
I believe I met you once out shooting and we both were looking for our stray arrows on the same Target. I can only imagine how it feels to be in your shoes.  You and your family will be in my prayers.
Thank you for sharing with us.               Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Nidhoggr

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 04:05:38 am »
DCM, I am new to this site but you have all the positive energy I can give your way.  To you, and yours.  Hopefully when the time comes you embrace it and move on to that great hunting ground in the sky swiftly and painlessly. 

youngbowyer

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 08:54:19 pm »
Although I do not know you, you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you and may the lord welcome you with open arms.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 12:09:16 am »
David, This afternoon I went to visit one of my quiet spots on the side of a hill. Lulyn calls them my "walk abouts" because it is where I am able to clear my thoughts and spend some good prayer time. I found myself thinking of you often today even though I have never met you. Yet through this site I feel as though I have. These pictures that I took today were inspired by those thoughts.
 At times when words are hard to find, Often a picture will move our heart and the words well up within our soul and flow forth.

As I gazed upon this monarch, my mind raced with all it had been through in it's time. I couldn't help but to notice, that as they had grown, they had weathered many storms of life together. Surely they had helped each other stand, as the winds blew strong. Even spending, many cold winter nights together, waiting out the snow, in exchange for the warmth of Spring time.
 While they both wear the battle scars of the years, they are still here,  Standing Together.

This next picture Moved my heart to tears when I first saw it on the monitor. I took the picture with the thought of capturing the "Still Waters" As The scripture Psalm 23 kept racing through my thoughts. All I saw when taking the picture was the incredible still waters. It wasn't until I downloaded them that I saw the sideways image of a tree laying on it's side, caused only by the shadows.  "Laying beside still waters"

David, Know you are in our thoughts and prayers.  Keenan & Lulyn

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 12:57:03 am »
David,

I have been thinking about you and your family a lot and lifting y'all up in prayer. We have never met, but after reading your farewell to us all I feel as I am writing to a long time friend and as I write I know this isn't a farwell.

I get poetry and it's been a long time since I have thought about John Donne.

Blessings,
Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »
The reference to "still waters" is lost on our urban culture today.  Sheep hate drinking from running water, they prefer to drink from still pools.  Even in the desert, where water is scarce those foolish animals will suffer thirst rather than drink just anywhere.  The wise shepherd knows this and in caring for his flock sees to it he leads them beside still water.

Still waters, brother, He leads you there. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.