Author Topic: Standards of accuracy  (Read 3203 times)

Offline outcaste

Standards of accuracy
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »
Hi,

There was a thread a long while back that discussed the accuracy of the modern warbow archer to those of the past. I thought that the following website might be of interest and a way of exploring this subject in a more practical way and something the larger archery community could feed into.

http://warbowwales.com/

Regards,
Alistair

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:47:29 am by outcaste »

Offline Phil Rees

Re: Standards of accuracy
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:54:10 pm »
 Alistair, Thanks for the link.
It's nice to see the WarbowWales folk promoting accurate shooting as well as distance. Well done to all of them.

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »
The old thread can be seen here
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,2275.msg29296/topicseen.html#msg29296

The events section on www.warbowwales.com is the most relevant one.
BTW Thanks Horace, your feedback is valued.

Offline Phil Rees

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:15:17 pm »
Yeomanbowman
I think, from looking at the Waleswarbow site,  they seem to establishing distances and target styles that could, without too much difficulty, become the standard for Warbow competitions. That has to be a good thing. So well done to all involved

mikekeswick

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:04:08 am »
Good website. I am experimenting with some warbows made from a variety of 'whitewoods' at the moment - it would be fun to come to one of your flight shoots.
Mike

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:51 am »
Hi Mike,

I think you could really show the potential of some of the "second string" woods with your excellent bowyery.  The summer shoot was a real eye-opener with the dog wood. 
I could see you were a good shot with your flatbow but how does that change, if at all, with a warbow?  The Warbow Wales accuracy events may favour stronger shooting, either by penetration (with the wand) or by allowing flatter trajectory.
Cheers,
Jeremy