Author Topic: Back to Salt Creek Camp  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Little John

Back to Salt Creek Camp
« on: November 25, 2011, 11:24:22 am »
I made this trip back in to Pat's and my elk camp to make sure the bears and snowhad not destroyed the place. My Wife and I was back the following weekend for her cow elk hunt with not much luck. Just fun to get back into the back country with a bow and take a therapy hike and burn some firewood.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline sonny

Re: Back to Salt Creek Camp
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:53:00 am »
cool pics. thanks for sharing !
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:41 am »
Was it the snow or that bear that brought the tent down.  One year I wanna see Salt Creek in the snow. Thanks for posting these pics, Kenneth. Brings back memories!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline johnston

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »
Yeah, thanks for posting these pics Kenneth. It brings back memories I wish I had.

I hunted today in shorts about 75 yds from a busy 2 lane blacktop. On the bright
side it will be cold tonight, down to 45 and back up to 70 tomorrow. Not really
whining, don't know if I am tough enough for the back country anyway.

But I would like to find out one day.

Lane

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 03:07:53 am »
One of those wish I was there pics. ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 06:02:36 am »
Pat, yes it was snow that brought down the tent but I got it back up and comfortable with a bit of work, thanks guys these backcountry hunts really should be experienced by every traditionan bow hunter at least once.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 04:16:40 pm »
I've done 10 nites in a canvas tent in December here in the Black Hills of South Dakota.  Thank God for the woodstove and all the wood the tree thinning operations had left for me.  Unfortunately there are more roads in the Black Hills than there are in the whole Interstate Highway system across the whole U.S. so it was not a pack-in hunt.  But it was wool blankets, my dog, and a flintlock rifle for company!

Yup, I wanna camp like that.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Nidhoggr

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 12:50:32 pm »
Beautiful area.  I would love to do a week-long primitive outing. I'd of course bring a handy-dandy sidearm just in case...