Author Topic: Sinew backed Hackberry bow (full draw added)  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Bryce H

Re: Sinew backed Hackberry bow (full draw added)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 09:51:28 am »
 ;D Thanks, George. I think we'll both agree that all of us need help...20 years from now I still won't be close to the best at makin bows; there's always something to learn.

Thanks TurtleCreek!

I thank all of you for the kind words!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »
Drawn, that bow looks to be all business!

Very nice :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:40:50 am »
Thank you for the full draw pic!  Very nice!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 11:20:36 am »
;D Thanks, George. I think we'll both agree that all of us need help...20 years from now I still won't be close to the best at makin bows; there's always something to learn.

Now wait a minute, if we're gonna start talkin about our mental states :o.  O, you meant help with bows?

I agree, there are always people who are better.  The good news is that it really isn't a contest, we're all just trying to make the best bow we can.   The great thing about this forum is you get so many ideas on how to do things better.  It used to be that we only had our local bow making buddies (if there were any), what was in books, or pictures in a magazine to emulate.  It took years of bow building to refine the skill.  Now, people such as yourself are building wonderful bows in the first year or so.  It's amazing to me...and very cool.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bryce H

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 12:42:04 pm »
hahahaha, George, if you knew me better you'd know I definitely was not implying that I had a better mental state  ;D ;D

You're right. There's always something we can learn, and it's awesome. I know nothing compared to what I'll know in 20 years. I love this forum, I get so many ideas, realize so many things that I'd never thought to have done in my life, and avoid half the mistakes I would have made by simply reading. It truly is awesome the wealth of information that I've gathered on here and in the volumes that I've read. And it's incredibly satisfying to see the theoretical knowledge gained put into practical use in production. Really, really cool. I'm new, still, and I look at some of the bows done on here...wow. I don't even know how half of y'all get such snakey, mountain road lookin' wood to bend evenly. Much less cast an arrow!  :o