Author Topic: My Former Jeep  (Read 7664 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: My Former Jeep
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:52 am »
George that's the snakeyest and longest cow patty I've ever seen this side of the prairie >:D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 10:42:50 am »
Dang close call in the jeep there George! Thank goodness it wasn't worse. I like those kind of staves by the way :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 10:52:15 am »
 ;D Cipriano,

Paul, I have 2 or 3 more like that one.  I can drop em off if you want them.   Yea, as Thanksgiving rolls around  this year I have much to be thankful for.  Could have changed (or ended) my life for sure.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »

Well George looking at that stave from a carvers eye, it would sure make for a nifty walking staff, or a couple of nice canes, or war clubs, or fish knockers, etc.
     Has anyone heard from El Destructo?  I was wondering if he had any luck with the Carrot wood staff I sent him.  Curious to see if it will actually make a bow, or not.  Sure is a hard wood.  Well George good luck with your transport search.  Try to get one that isn't too long in the tooth. ;)
                                                                  Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:09 am »
 El D is on Facebook 24/7.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 01:59:53 am »

I'll have to slip in, and check him out, and then slip back out.  I got out of face book some time back.  I had prolems with it, and people I didn't want to know where I am, or to contact me.  Plus they have had hacking problems.

Wayne

Offline Little John

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 04:20:34 am »
Wow, I hope your bow was uninjured.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 10:16:36 am »
The 2 bows made it through fine.  I need to shoot the rifle to see how it did.   I'm working with a dealer going to auctions and we've tried to buy 2 pickups so far.  We got one and then the mechanic that checks them for her found a problem.  The other one we were outbid on.   Still looking.  Interestingly, there are not many 4wd pickups in Texas.  Hard to find down here.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 01:52:38 pm »
So - What are you looking for besides 4X4? There are lots in California - road trip - come visit me in Yosemite when you come.  Know a guy that had a 89 chevy 4x was going to let me have it for $1000. Can see if he still has it.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 03:53:33 pm »
I gave up on buying 2wd's up here because NOBODY has 'em.  Even soccer moms gotta have AWD to drive on dry pavement around here.  Idiots.  And all of 'em believe AWD and 4WD means better steering and stopping on ice and snow when all it does is help with accelleration so that you crash bigger! 

The worst of the lot are the desk jockeying office wonks driving the 4 door supercharged Hemi's with every accessory known to man that wash the truck three times a week and blanch at the thought of putting 2x4's in the bed and scratching up their nice paint job!  12 mpg commuter?!?!  Might as well get a bumper sticker that says "I Support Middle Eastern Terrorism".  Grrr, sorry, I'm drifting into the political realm here.  I apologize.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 06:37:58 pm »
I'm looking for about a 2007-2008 4wd extended cab pickup, probably an F150.  I don't intend to drive it to work for sure.  I asked for a 4wd truck that could get 30mpg and tow 10,000lbs but so far I'm not finding much... ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 02:11:58 am »
Dont know how much towing your doin but I have found that the Ford Rangers are a pretty capable truck for what they are, especially if you get one with the 4 liter V6.  They will tow a little bit and can be quite capable offroad if you get one with 4wd and the right tires.  You wont be tearing up the trails but it should get you in and out of a hunting lease.  I used to have a 97 F250 that I pulled a 20ft stock trailer with but the trailer got sold and I didnt see the point of having a truck that got 14 MPG at BEST if I wasnt pulling anything with it.  Bought me a little 93 ranger with the 4L V6 and it gets almost 23MPG on the highway. 
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13:18 pm »
I had a little Ford Ranger 4 cyl with a clutch.  The A/C in that li'l sucker was so powerful I coulda hung beef in there to age in the summer while parked in a WalMart parking lot!!!

Then I rolled and flipped it end over end one nite.  How sad. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:33 am »
OUCH JW!!!!! How did you fare in that?  I rolled a GMC Stepside at about 55mph a couple of years back and walked away with only cuts from flying glass!!  I count my blessings everytime I think about it and am thankful for seat belts.  Sad part is that it was almost paid off.  I still miss that truck.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Kpete

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »
George,
While you were at it did you ask for zero turning radius to go with the 30 mpg and how about silk smooth ride to boot.
JW-a car wreck....hmmm.  Questions are answered.