Author Topic: FEAR NO EVIL  (Read 5417 times)

Offline crooketarrow

FEAR NO EVIL
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:30 am »
  I know lots of people look down no hunting shows. Exspecially TRADITIONAL SHOOTERS. But I love looking at those mature bucks. I only shoot mature bucks so I'm always watching just to judge the mature bucks. I think most people don't like them because there not the ones out there. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE thats out there doing their thing has my respect.
  There's new shows on weekly seams if you have some money to start up or know the right people. Someone will but you on. I saw CRIS BRACKET new show FEAR NO EVEIL. I hav'nt been shot a compound in 30 years. But the man can shoot just watch some of his old shows.
  Anyone else see this show.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Jimbob

Re: FEAR NO EVIL
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:50:25 am »
I would like to see a hunting show where the guy uses primitive archery methods.  Maybe a bow he built himself with some cane arrows with some stone points.
Actually I would like to be the guy to have that show.  I mean how lucky could a guy be to have his own hunting show?
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:47:52 am »
  I've been thinking the same thing for 10 years.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 03:12:23 pm »
Well if you need a camera man...

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:36:24 pm »
If they truly believed in what they are doing and respected the sport, they would get my respect in return. Until that happens I don't care what they do on those "sell out" shows. Did you happen to notice over the last few years how HEAVILY they lean on mens sexual prowess by throwing a fake blonde "wife" in the mix as a partner on the show? Even the sell out sponsors use them to sell their garbage. All of them should be on one infomercial channel with QVC and the rest of the garbage peddlers.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Gus

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:54:09 pm »
So what is the feeling about Uncle Ted?

I know he's a Wheelie Bow guy, but he nearly always takes mature bucks, when he shoots a deer with horns.
He seems to be shooting for the good of the herd as much as Backstraps and what not...
If you can get past his plethora of One Liners... :)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:15 pm »
Uncle Ted used to be "okay" in my book when he spent allot of his own money making his shows. Now he is a commercialized sell out as well. The dark side of greed pulled him in. He is an entertaining character to listen to, thats for sure!  Tred gets all my tv hunting attention for now.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Gus

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 06:21:29 pm »
I hear ya...

What about that Arrow Affliction guy?
Used to watch some of his shows a year or so back.
Definitely off beat, kinda speed metal guy goes bow hunting.
Seemed like the guy could shoot his wheelie bow.

-gus

Conroe, TX

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:45 am »
Now that I think about it, there used to be a guy on the VS channel a few years ago that hunted with a long bow.  He hunted just about anything with it but I cant remember his name or if he used stone tipped arrows or not.  Anyone remember his name?
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:54:52 am »
I love to watch hunting shows.  Don't care if it's commercialized, still a heck of a lot more interesting than the silly reality shows.  But, I think the problem with hunting shows today is that people think they can earn a living hunting.  The minute you take your passion and try to earn a living at it you've changed the very dynamic that made it so exciting.  All of a sudden getting something on video is more important than anything else.  I used to have some real early videos of some of the people on TV today before they had shows.  I had a video showing Tammy Gregory's first bow deer, a fawn as I recall.  She was stoked.  Now I see her passing 150" deer, but even when they shoot a big one the excitement is different.  Far better off to earn a living doing a regular job and let hunting be your escape.

Country singer Gary Morris used to have a show on where he made amazing shots with a longbow on often running game.  I loved it, but haven't seen him on TV in a long time.  Any time you see Larry D. Jones on a hunting show you're gonna see a recurve, and the Wenzels used to show up on shows from time to time with their recurves.  The only self bow/stone point hunt I've ever seen on TV was a deer hunt by Russel Thornberry on "Adventures Abroad".  As I recall he made the osage bow, learned to knapp and made the point and arrow, and then took a deer in either Texas or Mexico with it.  That was a year or so ago.  Good stuff.

I have video'd 3 hunts, 2 for my brother, including one where he took a decent buck in Nebraska with a glass recurve I made for him.  Videoing is harder than it looks and not much fun for the camera man.

Interesting topic.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:06:19 am »
"Taxidermy Trails" on VS is a cool show. Very low budget and all is done with an osage self bow and wooden arrows. I believe his taxidermy business pays for the show. It only runs in the winter.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 03:13:00 am »
So I was watching a hunting show this morning about 3 guys from Illinois, it wasnt really a hunting show though.  They spent more time taping the drive down to TX, getting tattoos, and chasing women than they did actually hunting.  It was called anything wild.  During the opening sequence they were doing some "Jackass" type things, such as taking a shot to the groin from a skeet launcher and daring each other to eat fishing bait.  Cant believe they put this stuff on TV.

Lt. General James Gavin

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »
So what is the feeling about Uncle Ted?
-gus

If you do a little research you will find Uncle Ted has a number of game violations against him in a number of states.  One of the most recent was here in South Dakota where his excuse was "I didn't have time to read the regulations, I assumed someone would tell me."  I lost all respect for him.  As far as I can tell, he wants to killkillkill and talk about ethics and management and such after he has gotten his game.  There are hunters and there are killers. 

I know I am stepping on some people's cherished beliefs here, but I have no time for his ilk.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 10:21:38 pm »
Ding-ding-ding Jdub. I have heard he got busted up here at "Sunrize acres" more than once too. Local rumor has it he is a real sphincster as well. I never ran into the guy to know.  I just build more bows instead of watching garbage TV anymore, I can learn more that way!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 12:27:47 am »
I haven't had a TV station in 11 years.  Don't even know the shows you guys are talking about.  We check out vids from the library once in awhile.  No time for TV here, I have dial-up intranet and want to check out the PA site, that takes up my extra time.  ;D ;D
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)