Author Topic: Time to meet you all!  (Read 4743 times)

Offline stikchik

• Primitive Archer on Facebook
Time to meet you all!
« on: October 20, 2011, 09:50:10 pm »
Hi everyone, ;)  my name is Nikki and I just want to introduce myself and get some insider info from you all. I have been on here a lot, but never signed up. My husband is Blacktail whom many of you know. I am a freelance writer and photographer, have only built one bow so far  :o, and take care of my mom and son. Since I am home now and have extra time, I have recently started helping with Primitive Archer's Face Book page and Twitter account.  We are always trying to build excitement around Primitive Archery so I am open to any and all ideas and would love to see more of you join on the Facebook page!

Please click the link and make sure to hit the like button  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Primitive-Archer-Magazine/125816541475   Also, if you have a twitter page, PA's twitter is : prmitivearcher   (and it is spelled like that on there, no i in the prim part :) )

We will be sending out updates and event, etc.  and I would love to send out an important events or projects so PM me if you have something you want to share!

Nice to meet you all, take care, Nikki

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: Time to meet you all!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:01:45 pm »
welcome ;D
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline stikchik

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »
Thank You, glad to be aboard!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:40:07 pm »
Nice to meet you stikchik. Where's the pics of that one bow you built?:) Already a friend on facebook. Anyway welcome to PA.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline johnston

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 12:39:26 am »
Hi Nikki. Enjoyed your article last month about that rapscallion you're married to . The guy with the weird hobby and his pals. You made it sound almost, well, respectable so I assume you write fiction?

Welcome and have fun. Uh, about the facebook thing, well it's kinda like this, I ain't never been there, don't plan to go, and I think it oughta be illegal. But that's just me.

Glad to have you!

Lane

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 12:48:03 am »

Welcome and have fun. Uh, about the facebook thing, well it's kinda like this, I ain't never been there, don't plan to go, and I think it oughta be illegal. But that's just me.

same here ;) ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:18:29 am »
 Nice to see you here, Nikki, I've been slacking on the PA Facebook ::) If you can handle John you have to be a good one from what Keenan said. ;D 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stikchik

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:32 am »
No problem guys, if you dont do Facebook, I dont blame you. I rebelled for quite a long time but I came around. However, if you ever do decide to get on there, look PA up :)   I am excited to draw more attention to Primitive Archer and more people interested in our hobbies :)
Well, as I have said before in the articles, you bowyers and Primitive skilled people are some great people and that aint no  fiction  ;D I love being involved even if it is just watching John aka blacktail, and his adventures.
As far as my bow, I will post some pictures soon. I finished it but it ended up being too heavy, even for an Elk bow for Blacktail....I guess he couldnt hack it >:D  So, I will get some pics soon and then I am gonna take some more wood off and lighter it up!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 02:48:51 am »
Hello Nikki. Nice to meet you. Sounds like what you are doing is a lot of fun. I gave up FB a few years back. My school district wants us on there and on Twitter. Now I'm on the fence about it..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stikchik

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 03:14:39 am »
Cipriano, if you decide to go that route, definitely get connected with PA on both.
I am very pleased to meet all of you!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 03:19:25 am »
Nikki,

If I do it will be a page for my classroom for educational purposes and I sure will add PA if I do. Thanks for the invite.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:14 am »
Welcome Nikki,I don't do face book but can see the potential for it being a good thing for PA. hope it all goes good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 11:26:08 am »
Welcome to the forum Nikki !
I was wondering who was doing facebook now .
Thank you for doing it !
I enjoy all aspects of P.A. !!
Take care and enjoy !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline stikchik

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 02:24:38 pm »
Thanks for all the welcomes! Guy, I am one of four, I think, that are doing Facebook but I am very excited and I am not nearly as busy as the rest of them, who also keep this site going and what not. They do an incredible job so I am very glad to help out! I have noticed since posting this we have 9 new members on Facebook so THANK YOU to those who did join!!! And again, if your not a Facebooker, dont worry:)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 02:36:39 pm »
Welcome aboard Nikki. Facebook is the new advertising media so it is good to keep PA active there.

Hello Nikki. Nice to meet you. Sounds like what you are doing is a lot of fun. I gave up FB a few years back. My school district wants us on there and on Twitter. Now I'm on the fence about it..

Cipriano
Are you kidding me. My wife refuses to friend any of her students, it never leads to anything good. Besides, teacher should be allowed to have a private life and keep it private if they choose. You have school email and things like that for school contact. She does give the kids our address so they can write letters and send them snail mail if they want. We all know kids need more practice putting pen to paper. Or pencil to paper in their case since they are first graders.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah