Author Topic: Christmas came early  (Read 1711 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Christmas came early
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:36:38 pm »
I finally got a new bandsaw ;D.  Well, a new, used bandsaw.  I was planning on dropping some serious hints to the wife about getting a new one for Christmas.  But while I was at work last night, I checked craigslist and found a deal on this saw that I couldn't pass up, $100.  I called and made arrangements to pick it up on my way home this morning.  We had to take it off the base so it would fit in the back seat of my little work car.  It is a Craftsman 12" 1 hp.  It looks brand new.  The guy said his buddy bought it new for his dad, but he never used it so he sold it to the guy I bought it from earlier this year.  He is moving to a smaller house with no garage, so he had to sell it.  I already had basically the same saw, but a lot older and a lot more used.  My old saw was the one with the aluminum frame, this one has the cast iron frame.  I sold some speakers to a guy at work and plan on selling my old saw so I should brake even after that.  Now I get to think of something else to put on my Christmas wish list.

Does anyone know if this takes the same 80" blade as the older styles?

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Christmas came early
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »
 That's a nice saw and it does look brand new. Looks like you did real good, and still have a Christmas wish. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:18:29 am »
Great deal. Can't tell that it was ever used.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:45:13 am »
Take the blade off and measure it.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 02:59:14 am »
Clint it sure looks like you have been living right. That saw looks new and what an early Christmas gift.

Congrats and hurry and finish my bow for those skins I sent you :laugh:

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 09:00:04 am »
Sweet,I have 2 just like that.They have 90 inch blades. They are great for most any work you want to do short of really big stuff. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:18 am »
Ill give ya $100 fer it,,,,,,,, >:D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline nyarrow

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:32:34 am »
I picked one up (used) just the other day. 80" blades. If in doubt call Sears with your model #. Yours looks identical to mine and Ive been using the 80"ers from Lowes.  Great find and good luck with it!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 08:54:58 am »
Thanks.  I was hoping it took the 80" blades.  I wonder if Pappy has the riser blocks in his.  That might be why he uses the 90" blades.  I'm hoping to make some sawdust with it this week.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left