Author Topic: September/October BOM contest  (Read 4478 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
September/October BOM contest
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »
Folks, I will be combining BOM for September/October.  If you want to be considered for the BOM please PM me your subscription number and a link to your bow posting.  This will give me the necessary information in one message and will shorten the amount of time needed to compile the bows for the contest at the end of the month.  Thank you for your cooperation and your patience as I learn the ropes.  Good building and best of luck to you all.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: September/October BOM contest
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:42 pm »
Well crud...I was considering it, especially since Matt had his Coral snake / Horn bow in September and I maybe had a slim chance but now you went and combined the two months, UGGG.  LOL

Sheesh
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:29:15 pm »
Is there not a way you can go back thru the posts for sept and separate them from this month. Please.

You can go back all the way thru the posts and bookmark them all and compile all the full draw photos. You should be able to see the dates and when the post was posted. Its not to late to vote for sept and separate the months. Because your going to have to go back thru to sept 1st anyways and it seems like a lot more work compiling two months worth of posts than one. Just my thoughts.

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 10:03:29 pm »
Let me reiterate my point by using numbers. Generally there is 35-50 bows to vote for in one month alone. If you combine them then that's gonna be around 75 plus or minus for two months combined. And when you look at voting numbers there's only usually around 120 people plus or minus who vote. Do the math and you are gonna have like a multiple winning tie.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »
Hey Chris, do you play the lotto?

>:D
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »
Do to circumstances beyond our control BOM won't happen this month!   :'(   The deadline is way to close for it to happen. Cipriano has his hands full learning all that is involved in compiling, editing and posting the many bows submitted for BOM and needs everyones assistance while he transitions into taking on BOM for Primitive Archer Magazine and our PA website.
   Something new to BOM this month is all bows to be considered for BOM must be accompanied with your subscription number. You will find this on the address lable of your magazine.  Cipriano has also asked that each bow submitted for BOM consideration to please PM him your subscription number and a link to your bow posting. With this little bit of help from each of you wanting your bows considered for BOM, Cipriano transition will be a lot smoother. The sooner he get comfortable with the whole process the smoother the whole process will be.
  Thank you, Cipriano for stepping up to the plate! I'm looking forward to many many more BOMs  with you at the helm.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 10:43:28 pm »
Thank you Cipriano.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:45:49 pm »
I always thought about how much work something like this would be! Nice of you to step up and do it criv, sounds like blackhawk has it figured out maybe he would like to do it lol just giving you a hard time blackhawk  >:D ;) Thanks again criveraville.

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 02:21:14 am »
Apparently I'm not smart enough to meet the new requirements.  I know, that's not exactly a shocker. :D Oh well, I knew that I wasn't going to win anyway.  Someday I'll get these sticking computer contraptions figured out.  Until then, carry on!!
                                                                                                                                                                           Josh

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 04:47:51 am »
If possible could someone explain the process of sending a link because I am technology ignorant and may need someone to hold my hand through the steps ???
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 01:58:37 pm »
To copy a link you find the thread you want and right click the link or title to that thread and select copy shortcut, then you right click in the personal message box or the post you want to share the link and select paste.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,28419.0.html  here is the link to this thread, give it a try ;D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »
...or you can go to where you posted your bow and copy it right out of the address bar at the top of your screen. Just select it, right click, click "copy"  go to where you wanna paste it, right click again, and select "paste"...  Either way works the same.  So easy a caveman can do it!!! >LOL<
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 09:35:44 pm »
Here is the curve ball...I am on a DROID x there is np right clicking here what does plan b look like???
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

blackhawk

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 10:12:18 pm »
Soy. All I use is a Droid. To copy and paste a link,go to he top of the page and touch and hold down onto the page header. A menu with several options will pop up. Touch on copy. Then go to the thread you wanna post the link. And in the text portion touch and hold down like you did before with the page header. That same menu will pop up. Click on paste and ta da..it should pop up. Feel free to ask me more if you need help posting stuff with a smart phone. These things are smarter than us.  I like to have the thread I wanna post in and the link page I wanna post in in separate windows for faster and easier use.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 10:22:04 pm »
Thanks for all your help on this board and for taking on the challenge Criveraville