Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!  (Read 92874 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2011, 11:03:22 am »
Very sorry to hear that, bubby.  I'll be praying for your family.

That bag looks great, Pat!  Gonna be one lucky son-of-a-gun that gets it.

I hammered out a blade yesterday that I thought turned out pretty cool, but ended up much thinner than I wanted.  Gonna try to do the same thing with some thicker stock.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2011, 01:17:04 pm »
You have our Condolences and Prayers Bubby.

Nice looking Lether Work Mr. Pat.

Can't believe December is only one day and a wakeup away.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »
Lookin good Pat ;D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2011, 10:19:32 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss Bubby.  Praying for you and your family.

Nice bag Pat.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline uwe

« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2011, 01:36:05 pm »
Sorry to hear this, but it seems to be a problem in the dark months of the year. Even here in Germany suicides rise up in this time before Christmas. Depression, familar problems and problems with money, "no ways out" are the main reasons.

I`ve send out my trade item last Friday, but forgot "to put a few words into". Hope it arrives at Holy Night. I`ve written on it: Don`t open before Dec. 24!
Regards Uwe

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2011, 03:16:51 pm »
It has been brought to my attention that one of the participants in the christmas exchange is going through some very tough times since Oct. and is not able to be at there house and doesnt have access to a computer due to the situation that person is in. After getting all of the facts and talking to this person I have made the decision that we need to find a volunteer to build a gift for this persons recipient as they will not be able to because of the situation they are going through. I dont think that this person should be taken completely out as in not recieve a gift because with the hard ships this person is going through the gift this person recieves will hopefully help bring spirits up.

So I need a volunteer to help one of our fellow PA brothers out in his times of hardship. I am still in the process of getting the info as to who he was building for and there address so when I get it I can get that info to the person that steps up to help out. I also realize that it wouldnt leave the person volunteering allot of time to complete the gift on such short notice but that person would be givin extra time to complete the gift if need be.

I will say that the person who is dealing with these issues is a great guy from talking to him and watching him on here through the bow trade and his hardships right now are pretty serious. Thanks again

Josh

my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2011, 04:35:50 pm »
Let Me know How to Help
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2011, 04:39:47 pm »
Maybe we can get several guys to make something small to send, so the recipient gets a "gift basket" of sorts.  I know I've got a thing or 2 in mind I could knock out in a hurry, but don't know that I'd have the extra time in the next month to make something bigger. 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:03 pm »
I too would be happy to help to send something to both.  Just PM me their addresses and I will send each a little something made with heart and soul by Diego and I. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2011, 05:36:15 pm »
I am no in the exchange, but would be more than willing to send something to him if you approve.  Just let me know

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #250 on: December 08, 2011, 05:49:01 pm »
I could help,,,,,something  told me  to  make  more than one,,,,,,,let  me know what I could  do  Jeffw

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #251 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »
Thanks guys I will send the address of this persons recipient to one of you and if anyone would like to send a gift to the person struggling with hardships pm me and I can give you his address. I would rather not post his name on here because it is not my place, but if you want to send him a gift to bring his spirits up I can do that. PM me Thanks again guys for the help

Josh

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #252 on: December 08, 2011, 06:19:59 pm »
Yes Sir,

I have a "Back Up" gift ready, put it together in case my primary did not turn out.

Just let me know.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline John K

« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2011, 09:33:54 am »
My gift will ship today, i know it's a little early, but it's the only time i can get to the PO to make sure that the package arrives by Christmas.

I wrote on the package not to open till Christmas, will see if my receipent can wait !

Please take pictures when you open it. My camera died last week and a new ones not in the bidget at the moment.
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2011, 01:00:40 pm »
Hey John do what you got to do it wont be a problem ;)

Josh