Author Topic: Traveling back to Texas  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Jimbob

Traveling back to Texas
« on: August 11, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »
I have only been knapping for a couple of months and now Im hooked on it.  I got started when a guy at work showed me some points he made, I thought they were pretty cool and asked him how they were made.  I will be visiting my folks in the Houston and Canyon Lake area around the begining of Sept.  and I was wanting to go hunting for some flint while I was there.  Are there any good places to go look that isnt private property?  I have heard that most land owners dont mind if you go looking for rock on their land but I just dont know that many land owners in that area.  I would even be willing to pay for some good rocks or big spalls, so any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks yall! :)
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Traveling back to Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:12:24 pm »
 I know when I was in Houston there was a landscape company on I-10 going west out of Houston, on the south side Frontage road that sold it by the truck load.  The same stuff I drove all day around San Antonio looking for.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:13:34 pm »
I left a truckload in Boling TX. Only a week ago.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 09:38:29 am »
Thank you gentelmen.  Much appreciated.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei