Author Topic: spyder bite?  (Read 4430 times)

Online iowabow

spyder bite?
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »
I had a small insect bite about a week age and now I have this.  I marked yesterday the edges with 4 red dots and over the day has grown 1/4 inch.  What do you all think? If it is a spyder bite what treatment is there if any? I know go see a doctor but if there is no treatment why give him money.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:07:48 pm by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline nclonghunter

Re: spyder bite?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:31:27 pm »
search Brown Recluse spider bites...then go to the doctor...
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:09:53 pm »
Ifin it ain't poisonous try a strong antihistamine like benadryl.Should take the swelling done and the redness.If that doesn't work dark rum and coke in vast quanities it won't help but you won't care. ;D Calamine lotion might help for a topical
Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »
Could a spider make it that far down in your shoe to bite you?  I don't think it's a spider. I'd be more inclined to think it was a tick bite, but can't see a definate place where it bit.  Either way...don't play around with stuf like that! GO     SEE   A     DOCTOR!!!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 08:49:18 pm »
Add 1/4 cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water and soak for 30 min,,,,do this 3 times a day,,if you start feeling sick at your stomach,or swelling starts,,get yer booty to the doc!  The bleach will kill any bacteria.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:02:19 am »
I doubt it's a spider bite ,some kind of infection I would guess,got one kind of like that on my hand/thumb a few years back,I'm like you on the doc. but you should probably go,I did and he gave me something that cleared it up in less than a day.
He said if I hadn't came I could have lost my hand,don't want to see you walking around on a peg leg. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online iowabow

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:45:45 am »
Seeing the Doc today

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 06:14:37 pm »
Good luck.  Let us know what they say.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:37 pm »
That's a rash!! Go see a Dr. immediately because it could be Lyme from a tick, you should get on antibiotics right away, seriously do it ASAP!! He will give you an antibiotic called Tetracyclene and it's not the most pleasant medication, has a few weird side effects but it's better than the alternative which is muscle and joint pain for several years or forever. Time is of the essence if it's Lyme and if treated early all that is needed for treatment is antibiotics, later on it gets worse.......much worse and you could even die from it.

Sorry to be so grim, but I can't stress enough that you don't want to mess around with any kind of rash you get from a "Bug Bite" because it's possible it Could Be Lyme disease. Only a Dr. can tell you for sure if it is or is not Lyme.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Online iowabow

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 11:35:19 pm »
OK here is the up date. Now three times as large and kinda gross so I did not photo it.  I was put on antibiotics and steroids.  She thought it was dermatitis but order the antibiotic just in case. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:51 am »
OOOH, I've had that before and it can get bad.  I had mine checked out early so I was OK.  Do you have a leaking center to your rash now?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Online iowabow

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:59 am »
Well they said it was not a spider bite.  If it had been a spider bite they would have sent me to a wound care treatment center immediately. So at this point I think they don't really know.   I have another appointment scheduled for next week. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:35 am »
Good luck with that, Hope it works out good.seems when the doctors get a hold of you they just can't stand to turn you loose,that is why I use the sparingly. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »
It wouldn't hurt anything to go ahead and start the antibiotics, it only takes about a 3 week course for a tick bite. I'd run that by the doc and see what he says. Did you mention to him that it could be a tick bite?
Alot of times they don't even think about that unless you mention it to them.

If you have any fever or night sweats or muscle/joint pain, that's a number 1 indicator of Lyme plus the presence of a rash.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 12:50:09 am »
What's the update on this bite,rash???
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes