Author Topic: Somebody pinch me.  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Somebody pinch me.
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:52:18 pm »
Every now and then fate throws you a curve. Things had been going rough for me for the last two weeks and I was feeling a bit down. Work wasn't allowing me to go to MOJAM, my fatherinlaw was sick, I was running out of time to get things done, blah blah blah. We all know what I was going through. No different than everyone else. Anyway, I come home and have a ton of things on my mind and forget the mail. I go get it and my first surprise hits. I missed a package described as a tube! My pa trade bow! My day just got better. I dump the kids on my neighbor and head to the post office to get my new bow. My mind is excited as I wonder what it will look like, but I'm still not super excited as I cruse there. Then at a stoplight I look again at the small slip of paper and I now see the space that says sender... Howard! I'm super excited. I know of only one man with that last name. Somehow I got lucky and drew Keenan as my bowyer!  I now fly to the office and sure enough it was from Keenan. I tucked the tube under my arm, thanked the postal employer that helped me as I flew out the door and raced home.
  I'm new to this bow building game and like many new guys have a fe people that I try to learn from. Keenan was definitely one of them. His bows  make my bows beter. I could go on about the bow and Keenan's work, but you all know already.  I called him to say thank you and let him jnow what it meant to me and we chatted a bit. I'll post some pics after I get back from MOJAM, I just wanted to say thabks in public... And rub in my good lick too! >:D  Thanks again Keenan!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Keenan

Re: Somebody pinch me.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:57 am »
 ;D ;D ;D That just made my day, Have fun at Mojam.  Drive carefull bud!   Keenan

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 04:30:39 am »
Can't wait to see it and by the way thanks for rubbing in your good lick  ;) jk, have fun@mojam!!!  :D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline dbb

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 04:52:43 am »
Congratulations Dvshunter!
I havent seen  a bow from Keenan that i didt like,even if the style dont appeal to me the workmanship and attention to details is always topshelf.
I wouldnt mind one myself ;D

/Mikael
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »
congrats, I was wondering who was going to get that beauty.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 05:08:48 pm »
Congratulations, you are truly a man blessedd. Can't wait for the pic's.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline snag

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:26:39 pm »
Very cool! Sounds like that was exactly what you needed to lighten your day! Perfect.
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 03:12:00 am »
You are a very lucky man!! I know there are allot of guys on this site that would be thrilled to own a Keenan bow! I know i would ;D congrats and it sounds like you diserved it with the bad luck streak. Congrats and once again great bow Keenan!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 10:20:52 am »
What a nice surprise! Mail is like that. One day its bills and jury duty summons, and then another you get a card, a PA mag, or a tube.  :P
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery