Author Topic: Osage take-down self bow  (Read 19893 times)

Offline snag

Re: Osage self bow
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:01 pm »
Gordon, I think the elk will line up to see that beauty!  I love the characteristics of osage also. Love chasing a ring.
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline John W. Cooper

• Bronze Bow Archery
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 12:45:07 pm »
I don't think I've seen an osage bow made by you.  Fantastic!  Beautiful work, nice attention to detail, and great full draw profile.  The takedown sleeve blends in really so well that I was quite surprised to see it in two pieces in the last pic.  Good luck on the hunt!

John

(and I'm torn on the quiver.  It's a bit over the top for my tastes, but it's still an awesome piece.)
It is God who arms me with strength
   and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
   he causes me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
   my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
~Psalm 18:32-34

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 12:45:35 pm »
As always, your bow is stunning! It's a pleasure looking at your work! The quiver is.... interesting. I think Del said it... extreme.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 12:52:45 pm »
As always - very slick Gordon. Beautiful! That almost looks like a live wolverine on your back like he's weighing you down almost :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Shaun

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 12:53:42 pm »
Great bow and the take down pic caught me by surprise! Who knew? Nice elk set up.

Offline Will H

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 12:56:25 pm »
That is my favorite bow Ive seen from you Gordon! Absolutely beautiful!!! You are truly an inspiration! Thanks for sharing! :) :) :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 01:21:33 pm »
absolutly beautiful bow.  it should do a number on the elk with that profile.  Good luck on you hunt.  I hope my takedown comes out half this nice.  Great job

Offline jpitts

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »
I think this is the first time I've seen an osage bow from you. Excellent work as always.
The quivewr is awesome. I had heard that Mr. Catts did beautiful work. Very nice knife too.
Good luck on your hunt.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Gordon

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 03:51:30 pm »
Thank you all for the really nice compliments. I debated about whether to include pictures of the quiver - I hope no one is offended by it.
Gordon

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
no way bud that quiver is awsome if only I could figure out how to make one

Offline juan lopez

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »
Gordon Friend, each arc you do, is more beautiful than the last, I really congratulate these works of art that have amazed me.
greetings my friend

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 04:29:33 pm »
I debated about whether to include pictures of the quiver - I hope no one is offended by it.

I'm sure all the Forum Members that are also enrolled, dues paying PETA members will hold their comments out of respect.   >:D

The only problem with hunting with a bow like that is it leaves only one excuse for missing....operator error!  Not sure how the elk feel about it, but if I ever get shot by a bow, I want it to be one like yours. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »
Thanks JW but it's not the PETA types I'm worried about (I'm sure there are none of those on this site). Wolverines are an endangered species in the lower 48 and some might be offended for that reason. But wolverines are plentiful in Alaska and are legal to hunt and trap there.
Gordon

Offline snag

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »
If taken legally and ethically there shouldn't be a problem. Love the quiver!
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline madmax46

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 06:29:05 pm »
I admit I was sorta freaked out at that wolf (wolverine, rather) on your back!  The side-view pic makes you look like a modern-day Daniel Boone.  A good thing, in my book.  Have fun with the bow, and I hope you get at least a couple of elk this year.   Good luck!
"Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, and love like you've never been hurt."    ...Mark Twain