Author Topic: who has shipped and recieved, all bow trade participants weigh in please  (Read 37461 times)

Offline Stingray45

Re: who has shipped and recieved, all bow trade participants weigh in please
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2011, 10:07:12 am »
Received my bow over the weekend from bareshaft12. I will post pictures tonight. I also got confirmation from JustinNC that my bow for him did arrive.

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »
Back to the top :P
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2011, 03:23:29 pm »
Well, we are getting very close to the end of the 2011 Primitive Archer Bow Trade. I think all of the bows have been accounted for with a few that are yet to be shipped. If you have not recieved your bow please contact me or ElkTracker and let us know.
  I will say this trade has been almost a total success. We did have one(I think that's all) mishap but I think we got it worked out. There are still a few bows that have not been shipped but I have been told by each sender that they are soon going out and that the recipient has been notified.
  Thanks to all involved in the Bow Trade. We will probably have another trade begining after the first of the new year.  One request that I do have with the next trade is please don't wait until the last minute to get your trade bow started. Get it started early and get it out as soon as possible. We all know that "things" can and do happen that put a strain on our lives and these "things" can and sometimes do get in the way of us building our bows to send out.
   Also, and I want to be completely clear about this...This bow trade is for anyone that wants to get inolved, whether you are a seasoned bowyer or just a beginner. When you sign up there is a possibility that you may recieve a bow from a newbie. If you don't think that a newbie's bow is a worthwhile trade for one of your bows, PLEASE DON"T SIGN UP! Like I said before this years trade it is not about the bow you will recieve! It is all about building the best bow you can(no matter your skill level) for your recipient.
   SO, be thinking ahead of time about the stave you need and the bow you will build for your recipient...but please don't begin your bow until you find out who was chosen for you and build their bow just for them.
  Thanks again to all that participated...and a special thanks to Josh (ElkTracker) for all he did to make this trade a success.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2011, 03:36:00 pm »
Thanks Pat & Josh...excellent job and I am grateful for all the behind the scenes work you all did to pull this off.  It was my first time and I had a ball and really enjoyed making, receiving and seeing all the wonderful bows from all the talented bowyers on this site.  I am already looking forward to the next one.

Regards!

8)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline bubby

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:29 pm »
thank's Pat & Josh, I know ya'll worked your butt's off and it's much appreciated, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:40 pm »
Thanks guys.  Actually Josh worked his butt off!  8)  I was just the overseer!!!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work that went into this.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline bcbull

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:56 pm »
THANKS PAT AND JOSH  FOR ALL U GUYS DID IM LOOKIN FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE  GLAD WE CAN GET A EARLIER START THAN LAST TIME  AGAN THANKS A BUNCH GUYS BROCK

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2011, 10:32:44 pm »
Thanks guys and to everyone who made this trade possible, Thankyou you Pat for all the help you have givin me allong the way and thank you Marie ( Calendargirl ) for your help! I too can not wait till next years trade and also really enjoyed watching all the great bows that came out of it! A special thanks to all of you who did build allongs of your trade bow, it made the anticipation that much more and I learned allot from watching and following allong with all of them! ;D Thanks

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2011, 07:32:07 pm »
This has been a wonderfull thread to watch !
Thank you to all involved , a special thank you to Elktracker for his time !
I may join in next time if y'all think you can match an old weakling to someone that would except a 50lbs or lighter bow just cant do all that weight anymore !
Its been fun watching you folks !!!!!!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:48 pm »
Thanks ! ;D

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »
Ookay back to the top again! Lets get this trade finished ???

Offline NTD

« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2011, 09:26:25 pm »
Josn, forgot to tell ya, you can mark me as shipped
Nate Danforth

Offline NTD

« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2011, 12:42:27 am »
I got confirmation early this afternoon that the bow arrived at it's destination.  I hope it's sitting on the right doorstep...
Nate Danforth

Offline NTD

« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2011, 12:42:57 am »
I got confirmation early this afternoon that the bow arrived at it's destination.  I hope it's sitting on the right doorstep...
Nate Danforth