Author Topic: Recurve I have been working on. Need some opinions  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Bow Nut

Recurve I have been working on. Need some opinions
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »
The recurve I have been working on for about a month now.  The sinew is almost cured I applied a snake skin and could not decide what to do with the rattles but wanted to try to do something neat with them.  So as you cans see I put them on the bow.  I am hoping yall will give me honest opinions of weather this looks really dumb or neat.  I kinda like it considering (picture this) when I put my handle wrap one after the bow is finished the rattle will be protruding out of the stitching and only the rattle will show and the leather grip will go just past it.  I am thinking grey or black rabbits fur for handle wrap or black or brown tanned leather.  give me some honest feed back on this please I think it will look pretty neat which is what matters most I know but what do yall think?

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Recurve I have been working on. Need some opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:30:50 pm »
  SWEETTTT I like it. My type of bow I ad shelfs to all my bows anymore. I've tied them to the bottom of my handle tie. I'm a deer hunter and most all of my shots are 15 or under so I did'nt need the exture noise if I'd move my bow to quick. So mine ended up on my quiver.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:21:01 pm »
Yea I am a avid hunter as well but the noise is not enough to me to spoke them and I always move slow If I move fast it is because I have to take the shot right then and by the time the deer looks up the arrow should be on its way or I can only hope as I plan on hunting this fall with this bow.  built my wife and son one and now I am ready to start shooting this one with her my son is only 6 months old but he has a bow already lol he likes to try to chew on it more than anything but it was fun to make by the time he is 5 or so I Hope he will pick it up and take a few shots with us.  it is my little scraps bow I brought it down from the 42 pounds it was to 10 pounds for him.  this will be my first year out with a self bow I usually get 2 to 3 deer a year and a turkey or two with my boo backed board bows.  Cant wait to try it this thing should shoot like a rocket.  Should Be around 60 pounds at 27 inches and it is only 56 inches tip to tip when strung and before recuring it, the stave was 61 inches this is the reason I sinewed it.  Cant wait to get some practice in with it. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:38:02 pm by Bow Nut »

Offline woodsman

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 03:26:03 pm »
I'm a total novice, but I know what I like and I do like it. Looks great!