Author Topic: She says I have too much bow wood!!  (Read 11678 times)

Offline gstoneberg

She says I have too much bow wood!!
« on: June 21, 2011, 01:53:33 am »
My wife gave me a hard time about all the bow wood sitting in the driveway to the shop.  She had the audacity to suggest that I didn't need any more....silly woman.  ::)  Gary brought over some hickory on Saturday.  I've never tried it before.  Will wait until fall so it gets a little drier outside.

George

St Paul, TX

Offline Stretch

• I'm a custom furniture maker/wannabe bowyer.
Re: She says I have too much bow wood!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:01:19 am »
She had the audacity to suggest that I didn't need any more....silly woman. 

That's just crazy talk.   ;D
Mark
Lindale, TX

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 02:04:14 am »
Silly woman indeed.  I'd love to get my hands on some hickory.  I've never worked with it either, but the hickory bow that Darcy made for me is my favorite bow by far.  Nice and light for the draw weight, and a snappy shooter!  Let me know if you've got any to spare.  I don't have much to trade, but I did make a nice side quiver recently that I might part with.  It would give me an excuse to make another one :)

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:10:39 am »
OMG   :o The nerve of some people.. LMAO
Johnny
in Texas

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 02:11:52 am »
George, tell her she's wrong, just plain wrong. >:(   At our age we need the security of knowing we will never run out.  :D

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Weylin

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 02:32:17 am »
My wife wasn't sure we had room for the one stave that I have drying (which is laying on the floor in our bedroom on my side of the bed). I showed her these pictures and she just shook her head.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 03:08:36 am »
You can never have too much! I have about half again as much as this now and I have been getting allot more picky ;D I have about 1/3 of what you have on the ground there in my living room drying, my wife loves it, one whole corner ;D :D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 03:25:25 am »
Hey,you could store it at my shop ;D I wont use too much ::) my wife never comes out there unless im in trouble,then I hide in the chicken house,she wont go in there :P
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:51 am »
I dont think I have ever been more jealous in my life as I am of yalls wood collection.  I can only dream about having that much wood lol.  I am doing my best to build a collection.

Offline wally

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 04:41:08 am »
Must be the same all over. I'm from London and my wife says the same thing.
'Haven't you got enough bows now!'  Strange person.
Mind you I don't have your enviable load of staves.
and hey! Let's be careful out there

Offline johnston

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 07:53:24 am »
WARNING.... if you have osage do not try hickory!!
Osage is too expensive for firewood so you will wind up stuck with the stuff and your wife will really go off.

Lane

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 09:20:22 am »
   I grilfriend / wife we been together 20 years use to say if you can spend a WEEKSSSS cutting wood. WHY CAN'T YOUUUUUUUU
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:45 am »
  Sorry about that
  If we'ed move I move my stave first. She'd say how comes it takes you longer to move THAT WOOD than me.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 10:55:53 am »
She is right, you have too much. So does Pat and Elktracker. I will promptly come to each of your houses and haul away all of the extra so you guys have the PROPER amount of wood. My wife will understand that I am just helping others.  :-*  BTW I have seen Pappy's storage, you don't have a drop in the bucket compared to him.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 11:16:18 am »
Hey Justin, I don't have any delusion that my pile's the biggest for sure.  And, that's not my wood that's stored, that's what's sitting in the driveway waiting to be stored (or split, along with annoying my lovely lady).  But hey, all anybody has to do to get some of my wood is drive over and have a glass of iced tea with me.  That's all it takes. :)  You might be on to something though.  It'd be fun to load up the trailer with osage and drive around the country trading with the good folks on here, not come home until my wood was all gone and other wood had replaced it.  If I were just retired I might try it.  Remind me again in a few years. ;D

George
St Paul, TX