Author Topic: High country elk in September!  (Read 34686 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: High country elk in September!
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2011, 01:49:18 am »
Now that might just be the coolest decorations on a rawhide backing I've ever seen!!!  Awesome work (as usual) Pat.  Did you sinew the bow under the rawhide too?
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Little John

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2011, 02:07:15 am »
Well Pat you beat me to posting the pics but I think yous are better any way, Man what a sweet bow, just can't belive the graphics, what medicine. Nice job and I can't thank you enough. You are truly a master at any thing I have seen you do and have given more to primitive archery than any one I have ever known. It is an honor and pleasure to hunt with you.       Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:41 am »
The idea of pictographs was mine but my wife, Marcia came up with the design and the drawings. She drew the pictures with pensil and I traced them with India ink...and added the red!
  Lee I had so much trouble getting sinew to stick(completely sinewed twice) that I guessed Elkie didn't want that look. Now she has only a deer rawhide backing.
  Kenneth, I think she shoots as well as she did with sinew and at least now she will be less affected by wet conditions(moisture).  Sorry to upstage you.  ::)    I'm getting excited about our hunt! One week from tomorrow!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2011, 02:33:50 am »
 >:D Figured id chime in and wish you guys the best of luck on your hunt. BTW love the bow. Headed up tomorow to set up spike camp for our hunt going to be a bit further north and east of you. LOL. Maybe next year ill get with you guys and join the party sounds like fun. Got the pacs out today. will post pics as soon as we get back.

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2011, 03:04:33 am »
Thanks Katt. Have a great hunt.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bcbull

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
pat  let us know  you or kennth  if ya got outta there brfor the storm  just talked to my guys there ready ... >:Dnow i find out i gotta deal with a damn bike race closed hwys and such  so checkin maps to see if we have a alternate route to go up  gonna be a pain gettin to our area  looks like  brock

Offline Little John

« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2011, 10:01:38 am »
Not long now Pat, this is opening morning and I am getting ready to head off to workl Looks like I will make my deadline by the skin of my teeth. How is the huricane expected to affect you? I shot Elkie again yesterday just before dark. The first shot wasa perfect kill shot at about 25 yards and then a couple of not quite heart shots (lack of focus on my part). Then I did a couole of chores and came back and took one more shot and it was a perfect shot as well at 29 yards so put her away and called it good. She shoots my hunting arrows perfectly and quieter than I thought was possible. Oh I added to her name a bit it is now Elkie a.k.a. Every picture tells a story don't it. Oh I weighed her in at 61-62 pounds at 28" so that is perfect for me and you are right she does shoot every bit as good as before and ready to get bloodied up here in the very near future. You are way too good, thanks a lot. I might try to run up to camp tomorrow and check our food stash and maybe try to get the tent set.           Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2011, 11:52:46 am »
We are not getting any effects from Irene. Could use a little rain but I'm not complaining!!!  ;D
  Maybe Elkie will live up to her name this trip. That would be way cool.  8)

Offline lowell

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2011, 12:49:05 pm »
Pat, 

You sure you didn't see that on the ceiling of a cave!! ;D  Very nice!! 8)

The excitement of your hunt is rubbing off on me and I'm not going anywhere!! :) :'(
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Little John

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2011, 01:28:23 am »
Pat, no trip up to camp today but got some much needed rest and some work done here aroound the place and gathered up last minute short list items. I might just be being optimistic but I just know God will smile on us in a very positive way, Elkie will live up to her name and you will also have your dream come true. Aim small miss small.         Kenneth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2011, 01:13:31 pm »
A well diserved rest I'm sure!!! See you on Friday!  8)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2011, 03:33:24 pm »
Good stuff here! Yall have a great time!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »
Thanks Greg. If we don't, it's our own damn fault!  ;D

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2011, 08:42:01 pm »
Awsome pics.you can feel the excitement. What a dream come true just to be there!!! Good luck and enjoy ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2011, 01:32:01 pm »
 8) some pics of spike camp and so on. >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies