Author Topic: We've been busy  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Wasatchhawk

We've been busy
« on: June 17, 2007, 04:20:30 am »
I got my second Hickoryboard bow shooting.  I was doing it to teach my son. He wanted to do his own so he started on his own, which is half way through tillering.  Now the neighbor girl wants to learn how to make them too.  This is kind of contagious isn't it?

I haven't finish sanded any of them yet. I want to do it with my son at the same time.  ONly problem will be I only have 2 arrows between the three bows. I guess that will be my next project.

I'll post pictures of the Three amigos when they are finished.
A Family that Preys together stays together!

Offline DanaM

Re: We've been busy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 07:42:05 am »
Sounds like yer makin good progress. Yes it is addicting ;D I've been at it about 6 months now
and it seems like everyone I show a bow to wants one. As for arra's they can be tougher then the bows
and more time consuming to make. Could always buy a dozen prefinished woodies to get ya shootin
until you have time to make yer own. Post some pics when ya get a chance eh.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:20:24 pm »
Way to go- arm the neighborhood  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 02:24:12 pm »
Sounds great.  My son's friends have been comming over to swim.  I go out to work on bows so I can play life guard and keep an eye on things.  A completely selfless act, I'm not using it as an excuse to build bows.  ;)  Now all of the friends want a bow.  I'll have 15 ten year old boys with bows running the neighborhood.  :o  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 02:44:48 pm »
justin you will have yer own tribe ;D hmmm what to name em?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 03:19:20 pm »
If you have a crime problem where you live maybe you'll se a decrease., My sons friends are all interested in my bow building and flint knapping, I'm waiting to see which ones make the step to ask me to show them how to do it.
VB

Offline Dan Perry

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 02:04:39 am »
Good to hear you have another one shooting!

What did the draw weight end up at?

Dan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 07:42:05 am »
Can't get kidds into anything much better.Keep up thre good work and pictures ,please.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good