Author Topic: Bamboo backed IPE ( pictures )  (Read 22761 times)

Offline Gordon

Re: Bamboo backed IPE ( pictures )
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 05:09:07 pm »
A nice story behind the bow. I like the handle overlay - very artistic. It's interesting that you reversed the handle wrap. Do you like the feel of the handle better that way?
Gordon

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 05:48:55 pm »
Just curious, is that drawn to 24"?  It don't seem like it is bending all that much for a 64" bow.  Could just be me though. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 08:22:23 pm »
Justin
I probably only pulled it to 23 inchs after looking at the picture. It looks as though I bent my elbow a tad and a little short on the draw. I shoot quick. I don't hold at full draw but a split second so I guess I unknowingly short drawed for the picture. I will think about that on my next post.

Gordon
I usually put the handle wrap on that way because I like my fingers to be on a smooth surface rather than have it on stitching. I guess it depends the shape of the handle.

jbell
I agree with ya we would be last to go if stranded on an deserted island. Thanks for turning it around and making the picture better. You are alright.  :)

Ber643
Thanks for posting on your fd page. That is a cool page to look at.

To everyone thanks for the compliments.

Ron

Bruner Missouri

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:52 am »
Chaser would be proud. We named the Rudderbows company after my dog Rudder. I had him while serving in the U.S Navy. best pal a guy could have.

kerbinator

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 12:37:42 am »
Great bow man, I too can apreciate the story behind it, and I am sorry for youre loss.   Marlin

Slivershooter

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 02:37:21 am »
Great Looking bow!  I just retired the bow named after my last Labrador retriever, Pigger, after two seasons.  She (the bow) managed to take several deer and mountain lion but got a little banged up chasing the lion and I don’t want to press the limits with her.  May Chaser, the bow, bring you as many great memories of the hunt as both Pigger’s brought to me? 

Walt Francis

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 08:16:34 am »
My pleasure, Ron.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 11:10:43 am »
rudderbows
I had wondered a time or two what the rudder part of your company name was. Now I know. That is great!

Silvershooter
I am finding out that there are a lot of people out here that named their bows after a pet that has passed away. That is a great story on " pigger " sounds like it brung you luck.

Thanks

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 04:51:59 pm »

nice bow!! - i have an ipé board waiting...

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 05:55:15 pm »
Mediicinewheel

Have fun with it. I think IPE is the best wood to work with. It can take a lot of abuse. Thanks for the compliment.

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 06:20:29 pm »

yes i think that, too... macaranduba (beefwood) seems to be pretty tough, too. that's another board i have waiting.

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58:36 pm »
Thanks I will put that on my list of ( need to get ) Can't wait to see yours.

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 10:04:09 pm »
Cool lookin bow! I haven't tried anything exotic yet - but will, I'm sure. Sorry bout your dog - I have the same story almost. Had the poor little guy for ten years (went huntin and fishin with me every time) last time I saw (or heard) him, he was chasin a deer down through the back yard - been about four years. Wonder what kind of bow would fit with the name of Dinky?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 10:13:23 pm »
Cowboy

I would think a little ambush bow as short as you dare. With his colors some how. See chaser was black with a little brown. So I tried to make a bow with his colors. Sorry to hear that at least he was doing something he loved the last time you saw him. Chaser loved deer. He sat there with me the whole time while quartering up the deer. He would wait patiently he would always end up with a leg or two. He would prance off with it with is head held hi. I have been amazed at the response of this posting. There are a lot of animal lovers here. It has been very cool.
Thanks

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 10:38:24 pm »
This is a little funny - nobody laugh! This little dog was no huntin dog by any stretch of the imagination, but he was a hell of a good buddy  :). I'd lay a deer low, and by the time I found him Dinky would be all over it! He was too small to do any damage but that dead deer would be rockin back and forth with Dinky's teeth stuck in his hide somewhere, ha - makes me laugh to remember. I took him with me so much my wife was jealous - what a deal. Anyway, here's a few pic's just so you know why it's funny.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.