Author Topic: Big 'ol snake  (Read 2073 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Big 'ol snake
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:01:59 am »
A friend of mine was moving a pile of cedar fence posts with his Bobcat today. When he picked them up and tilted the forks back this big booger fell out and landed half in the Bobcat and half out!!! Lucky for him the head end was out.  Besides this one, there was several Copperheads in and around that pile of posts too.  I didn't get them untill late this evening and couldn't really tell if they were all just about ready to shed or near rotten.  It was mighty hot today and the outer layer of skin and scales had started slipping off of them. I managed to save the copperheads, but couldn't do much with the rattler.
 What a shame. I hate to see an old one like that die and for sure hate to see them go to waste :'(
 He's laying next to a 64" bow and my boot is a size 9.5 wide. That's about as big as the Timbers get around here.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Big 'ol snake
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:24:23 am »
You are right...what a Waste....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:56:48 am »
Man that is a nice one,Ya it don't take long this time of year for them things to go bad. Hope
they are ok.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:15 am »
That is a big ole fat one there. I can almost smell the rot from here..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

JustinNC

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:20:44 am »
That's a good'n for anywhere.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:50 pm »
Those are nice snakes, especially that rattler!!  Hope you skinned em out.. I sure would have and salvaged what I could..
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »
That is a rather large Z back Walker. Course your foot can't be that big? ;D

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »
Dang Shannon that's alot of rattler, if that thing hit you in the leg, would probably knock ya over. I bet things got real interesting inside of the that skid steer :o :o :o :o

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 12:58:05 am »
You're right Tim! I checked and it's just a 9 wide :D
 Criveraville, the coppertops are dry already but the Timber is fly food :'(
Bob, I bet they did!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 11:25:27 am »
That's too bad. Hate to see that beauty go to waste, but I'm glad the others were salvaged
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.