Author Topic: What a day-pictures added for Dave  (Read 9044 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
What a day-pictures added for Dave
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:04:35 pm »
  Have you ever had one of those days when you were doing something with a table saw, really following all the safety rules and it still didn't work out? I was cutting some knife scales for Jonathan Creason for a trade we had going and I'm sorry to say that Jonathan wil have to saw the rest. I was cutting some pretty cocabola, using a push stick and pushing the wood in from the side with my left hand thumb and index finger. The blade hit a knot at the very end of the cut and kicked back, broke in half, bruised the crap out of my left thumb and tore off a pretty good chunk of my index finger. I sat in the ER for four hours for them to clean, and wrap it good so I can go to work tomorrow. There was no sewing this back up, it'll take some bondo or some cut off my butt and patched in. :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:35:02 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
Re: What a day
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »
dang Eddie hate to see anyone get hurt , recovery time sux too. hope your not left handed could make the post throne work interesting

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:37:50 pm »
Dang Eddie, I hate that.  Sucks that you got hurt trying to hook me up.  That sure is some purty wood, though.  I've got a 14" bandsaw so I can cut the rest no problem.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 08:41:30 pm »
kewl ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:10:56 pm »
Ouch!  Got any pics without the wrapping?  I love to see gross stuff.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:22:56 pm »
         Well Eddie.......................ahhh forget it...............Mamma said...If'n You can't say Something Nice...Then Keep Yer Damned Lips Shut..... :-X... :-X.... :-X
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »
Sorry to hear about you're mishap Eddie get well soon. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »
Sorry to see that, it always has me nervous when I cut thin strips for that reason. Just glad you still have all your digits. ;)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 10:32:47 pm »
Damn the luck Eddie ;D. Ya know, I'm gonna catch it one of these days I'm sure. I took all the safety devices off my table saw to rip staves and such, I do use a push stick when it get's to the end but I just have a feeling, hmm..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 11:23:28 pm »
That sucks.  Sorry to see that happen to you.  I use a table saw nearly everyday and many times a day, stuff like this is always on my mind.  No matter how safe you are, accidents will always happen.  Especially if you leave all of the OSHA crap on your tools. ;D  Hope you make a fast recovery. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:15 pm »
Outlaw, I started to take a picture before I left for the ER, but I had stopped it before it started to leak real bad. I'll take you some in a couple of days when I have to rewrap it ;) Thanks, my good buddies Ron and Mike, you're about as sympithetic as my wife and daughter. My daughter told her friends to move their cars because it must be nasty because I said' "take me to the ER", and didn't ask for Super Glue or a band aid. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »
Sounds like my teenage daughter. About as concerned about me as all those rocks I got laying in the yard ::). Heal well...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 11:47:45 pm »
Ha,ha, thanks buddy.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 11:51:56 pm »
Sheesh!  So no damage to connective tissue, just a flesh wound?  That stinks, Eddie.
1’—>1’

Offline johnston

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »
Well damn Eddie. By the way, how's your back? ;D

Lane