Author Topic: Osage Trade Bow (2nd attempt) COMPLETED - new pics  (Read 11543 times)

Offline johnston

Re: Osage Trade Bow (2nd attempt) COMPLETED - new pics
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 10:56:41 pm »
Wow, just plain wow.You passed through to the other side.
One hell of a job.

Lane

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 11:01:20 pm »
Captain Crunch looks like a winner!! Congrats on your successf bow build. Tiller looks very good and I k ow any of us would be proud to head into the woods with this fine bow.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:47 pm »
Guys, wow...thank you for the many kind comments, coming from folks like it means a bunch.  

(I about laughed out loud last night when I showed my ol' Man and he takes one look and says..."you gonna leave it all crooked and bent like that?  What about that big ol' knot and that twig sticking out of it?"  LOL, he's a "buy if from the store" kind a guy so I wasn't too surprised by the comments)

@dbb...thank you very much.

@Nathan, I watched this Crow get bounced off a car on the highway a month or so ago and pulled a U-turn so I get salvage it  ::)

@Cameroo, I almost named her "Una Tita" for her solo nipple  >:D

@WildKatt, Thanks!

@Will, nice of ya to say so...you're sanding banding some talent though bud, this is all I got, LOL

@Ken, nope, no pro here bud...just trying to absorb absolutely all I can from the fine folks on this site...especially folks like you!  The "symbol" just came to me and figured "why not"?

@Keenen, thank you very much...mean a lot coming from you.  I dig everyone's work on this site but there are a few Bowyers here that really inspire me, your bows are in that category.

@PD, LOL...dude, I appreciate all the kind comments you and the folks showered me with...BUT there are plenty of things that I need help on and need to learn, many, many, many...

@Josh...thanks bud!

@bigcountry...yup, that knot had me scared stiff for a long time.  I think she is rock solid though and really have no worries about her not having a nice long shooting career.  Oh, the handle was simple.  I just wrapped the bow real tight in the handle are where I wanted the handle with blue painter's tape, then cut it apart lengthwise centered down the back.  I then had a perfect pattern.  Took the pattern and turned it sticky tape side down to the rough side of the thin leather and traced it out.  I then added about a 1/4" extra that I folded in and glued with contact cement...gives a nice rolled edge and gave the holes something to keep from tearing out at...if/when I do another similar styled handle I'll do a quickie photo tutorial if ya'd like?
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 11:25:59 pm »
great, awsome job.
john 3:16

Offline Stonepoint

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:00 am »
Lee it looks great time to see the Bamboo and Ipe. lol looks great man keep em coming
Lester

Offline half eye

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 02:00:32 am »
Sweet Jesus, man.......you have gone pro.
rich

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:05 am »
That's a very nice bow.  I like the tip overlays.  Well done.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 10:10:07 am »
Just plane beautiful,that is outstanding work. :) :) Someone should be very proud. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »
Ooof, that's a nice one.  Great job!
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 02:38:37 pm »
Wow!, Lee. You did a great job with that Beauty. An excellent looking bow from a difficult piece of wood.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »
looks great to me!  Can't wait to see a full draw for the BOM contest~!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 04:07:48 pm »
looks great to me!  Can't wait to see a full draw for the BOM contest~!

Many thanks again guys...

Josh, you're too funny...I think you can just hand June to Will H. and get ready for July  ;)
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

blackhawk

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 05:29:48 pm »
Wow Lee...and guess what you don't even have to pay shipping for it cus you'll be able to just hand it to me personally when I come back home in a couple weeks....thanks :D

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 05:56:39 pm »
Chris, that's pretty funny...I actually wish I knew the recipient better or saw more of him around here, it would have made picking a style of bow a bit more tailored but it is what it is...

I think we'll have a good time regardless if I give you a bow or not... 8)
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »
Lee, where the heck has "this" Lee been. You dun did come out with a POP! truly sweet bow and imaginative use of the knot and feather. congrats on the fine work.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis