Author Topic: went and got me some rock  (Read 4461 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: went and got me some rock
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »
And some artifacts
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »
You're killin me Cipriano!!  I just put all the rock I've collected in a bucket cleaning up the shop last night.  Maybe 3gal out of a 5gal bucket. :'(  Better guard that rock when I come by.  ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:29 am »
George I didn't really think much about rock until my buddy n GA said, "I googled where you live and you have nice rock nearby." I asked around and before long I was in flint heaven ;D Bout 60 lbs of it should be arriving to Ken75 anyday now.

I stll have lots of it and now the place to go collect when I get a chance. Bring a bucket when ya come and we will filler up ::)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 02:29:07 am »
Will do, thanks.  You know you're going to be distracted from the rock in a little bit here by some osage... ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 04:20:05 pm »
Found more Native American worked flint

Offline criveraville

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:51 pm »
And two big rocks

Offline criveraville

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:07 pm »
close ups

Offline criveraville

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »
mo

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 01:32:48 am »
im many hundreds of miles away, and let me just say, whatch that rock, if you look away from it for a few days( time it would probably take to drive) it will alll be gone >:D >:D
as far as i know, near my house i have some granite, granite like stuff and shale, lots and lots of shale :'(
nice find though
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 11:52:49 am »
Hey Cipriano. Looks like you have quite an assortment there! If I could just find the time, me and you could take a day and hit some of my honey holes down south. Or you could just swing by the house with a  bucket ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 01:21:21 pm »
Noel,  oh some of the rock just disappears in my possession.. My children rumage in my collections and want them for their rock collections.. It is funny especially when they claim certain pieces as their own  :D

Paul, well I am blessed with folks that let me pick over their place.. Oh i know about South Texas.. i have family in Pearsall and good flint is easy to find there..

Anytime... And sure   ;D ;D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 04:15:13 pm »
Now, how can an old yankee get in on all this fun??  Between Cipriano finding all that beautiful rock and you turning out those beautiful points Paul, I feel like I'm about 2 hours away from all the action. :'(  :'(

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 02:16:34 am »

Dang, boy, that is some nice rock!  I wish I was a little closer, I would swing by, and hunker down, and start trying to talk you out of a bunch of that stuff! ;D  Enjoy, and stop by Cowboy's place, and have him show you some pointers on knapping,  He hasn't been posting much, but when he did, he posted some really nice stuff. ;)  You are very fortunate that you have the available material, and someone who is a Superb knapper not too far from you.  Take advantage of it.  Maybe take a few skins his way, to sort of bribe him a bit.   A few very cold cervaisas  would't hurt either!  ;) ;D ;D  Good  for you mi Amigo!

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 02:22:08 am »

Sorry about the spelling of "Beer", was just gonna go with a somewhat phonetic word for it.  Wasn't sure as to the actual spanish spelling of it.  But anyway, your Friend with the flint garden, full of artifacts, you just might........want to ask her where she found them, and then make a bee line for that spot, and look around a bit, and maybe scratch the dirt a bit! ;)

Wayne

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 11:11:43 am »
Well George, your welcome to come and join in. Two hours isn't too far away, just need to find the time. I have three days off every ten days which isn't squat and with the girlfriend moving in and all I really don't have any time to knap at home, here lately anyway. We'll find the time and when we do Wayne, your welcome to make that drive from FL and bring your bucket ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.