Author Topic: arrows falling out of quiver?  (Read 11279 times)

Offline blades7558

arrows falling out of quiver?
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:27 am »
Hello all this is sort of a dumb question but would any of you have a neat trick for keeping arrows in your quiver?  I have a home made back quiver that is deer hide with fur on and the hide side is in. During tanning. I don't think I made it soft enough it doesn't grip the shafts enough. I was thinking of putting a softer piece of leather on the inside but I figured I would ask first
build em...break em...sigh....build em....

Offline markinengland

Re: arrows falling out of quiver?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:01:10 pm »
When I first got a back quiver I kept on tipping all my arrows on the gorund when I bent over, or in a very cool way dropping arrows behind me when I tried to put them back in. I kept losing arrows! Not from shooting them but dropping them! After a while I got used to it, the angle I needed to wear it at, how to hitch it up with one hand when putting arrows in, when to hitch it down when bending over etc. I didn't need to adjust my quiver, I just needed to adjust me.
Now I use a plains type quiver, and once again I tip all my arrows on the ground, and once again I'll need to get used to it and like a miracle I'll stop tipping them on the ground when I bend over!
Mark in England

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:54:45 pm »
I use plains quivers too. I keep the back quiver for the yard but the back quiver I made is from soft leather so it grips the arrows. I don't know what you could do. may be glue on some softer leather. around the rim. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline chessieboy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:44 pm »
I put a belt loop on the bottom of mine.  It helps the quiver from sliding up when you bend over.  The arrows still fall out if I don't use the belt loop but not if I use it so I know it makes a difference.

Offline blades7558

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:22 pm »
ah ok i might try the belt loop. nothing against plains quivers, i just would rather have a back quiver :)
build em...break em...sigh....build em....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:42 am »
I add foam to the bottom of quivers to protect broadheads and for safety sake. It would hold your field points also.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Cromm

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 02:43:07 pm »
Hi,
I made an big wide Plains type quiver and found the same thing. I put a long thin magnet in the bottom of the quiver which works very well.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline scattershot

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 02:05:21 pm »
An old friend of mine, who has been hunting with a longbow since before I was born, showed me a neat trick. He uses a back quiver, and whne he wears it he breaks off a branch from an evergreen tree and puts it in the top of the quiver. It keeps the arrows from rattling, and also keeps them from falling out.
"Experience is just a series of non-fatal mistakes"