Author Topic: Lets talk Glock  (Read 8948 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Lets talk Glock
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:12 am »
Here is a forum that's in guns and they talk about flock and after market parts

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/58826-glock-19-trigger-replacement.html
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline johnston

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 01:40:27 pm »
Ya'll looking back at my post I realized I sounded like an ad for these Georgia pistols and I did not intend to do that. If you go to a local IDPA match you will see about 80% Glocks and if you check out a PPC match it will be the same numbers for the 1911's. My son started out bangbanggiddup competitions with my Baby Eagle in .45 and was a holy terror. Years of serious paintball had made him unbelievably quick. A friend of ours who is a world class shooter suggested that a Glock 19 would be the ticket to the next level. Ok, being Dad I bought the boy one. He practiced with it a week and shot one match.He hated it and has never picked up another Glock.

I tried the gun and it felt like a water pistol all loosey goosey. But I had a bunch of 9's loaded and after a couple thousand rounds it all started to come together. Eventually I did better with it in matches than with any other semi.

But, that was under controlled and safe match conditions. In real life I have never carried a Glock with a round in the chamber.My wife and I carry  SW Chief's specials in public and a variety in the woods. Both sons carry 1911's.

Manny , all handguns are a compromise. Hard to carry a Super Black Hawk concealed and a 9mm is real weak for killing stuff. It is all a trade-off. The Glock 19 is utterly reliable and seriously quick but takes some getting use to. It is different, call it a "Character" gun. ::) ;D

Lane

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »
Never been a fan of Glock. I like my Para-Ordinance 1911 in double action.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 09:40:57 pm »
Whent out and shot her a bunch today,....getting used to the butt ugly look of her  ;D, and the boxy grip isn't bothering me as much amylonger ;D

I decided not to spend the 200 bucks for the aftermarket trigger, I don't need the accuracy that I expect from my airguns, so it's allright if the trigger is a bit junk  :D :D

What are the factory sights supposed to be zeroed at ? ......I was shooting nice and tight groups but I was shooting low at 10 M, to shoot POI at POA at that distance I had to get the top of the rear sights allmost flush with the top of the slide and get the target right on top of the front sight  ??? ??? ???
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline johnston

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »
Manny try www.lonewolfdist.com.

Front sight pushes out of the dovetail to be replaced with one you bought of the proper height. Cost is 6 bucks. Trigger transfer bar , 3.5 lb, is  $30.
Did not check shipping.

Lane

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:58 am »
So out of curiosity, what kind of FPE out of the Glock 19 ? what FPS with the 115gr round ?

Thanks
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 03:52:13 pm »

As for for pounds of energy, it depends on full metal jacket, semi jacketed, semi jacketed hollow point, flat nosed full jacket, flat nosed lead, all lead round, all lead, conical, etc.  My two personal favorites, are Federal's Hydrashock, and PMC's starfire, which is basically a Korean version of the Winchester black talon.  Speer's Gold Dot is another good one.  You want to keep in mind what kind of clothing it has to go through, before hitting flesh and bone.   As for velocity, in either configuration, in a 115 grain bullet, you are looking at around 1100 fps +.  Plus P a bit more.  Most police dept.s that still use the nine mm, are using a 124 grain bullet.  The 115 just wasn't putting the bad guys down with one round.  Most have now gone over to .40 cal.  I still like the .45 cal.  I still like the 1911 style, and I have a few of those, and one is a S&W double action which I really like.  I would love to have a Para Ordinance, with the double stack clip, but Can't afford it now.  In the nine mm's that I have, when I carry one, I have it loaded with Hydra Shocks, or PMC's starfire.  The .45 the same.  The Glock is a fine gun, it is just not my personal choice.  I just feel more comfortable with a 1911 configuration.  I originally did not like the 1911, and preferred my S&W revolvers.  Then I shot a friends .45.  I liked it, and have been a fan since.  It's like cars and trucks.  Whatever is reliable,fits your wallet, and comfort zone. ;)
The Glock has an outstanding reputation for reliability, and that alone is a good thing to keep in mind.  After that it all comes down to what you personally feel comfortable with, as for grip, balance, style,cal. etc.  If you are a Glock fan, more power to you.  I can't stand Blue Cheese, or butter milk, :P but the world is full of people that absolutely love that stuff. ;)

Wayne

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 06:13:03 pm »
   Sorry  Manny!  you  now  own  something I  don't  want!!!! :D (still  love those guava's!)  I never liked the  blocks,  never will, I've  owned most every thing at  one time or nuther,,, I  love my  wheel guns and  1911's  I can reload .38sp so fast it's  scary!  I think I've  bought 10   lee loaders in.38sp just in case. a block of  wood and a  plastic  hammer  and I'm  shooting!!  at least  you  can make  blunts  with  the  spent 9mm  brass ;D   good  luck and  tuck  yer  pecker before  packin  JEFFW

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »
LOL, I would never, ever carry a gun with the round chambered  ;) ...I just see no enought reason for it  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »
I'm kinda getting used to the butt ugly looks of this gun,...Kinda  :D :D :D  still not really liking the grip at all or the trigger.

Hey, Any of you handguns guys have a good one for sale ?......if you do just shoot me an Email/PM,...thanks

M
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NTD

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:44 pm »
LOL, I would never, ever carry a gun with the round chambered  ;) ...I just see no enought reason for it  ;D

If you are carrying for self defense it's all the reason in the world!
Nate Danforth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »
Nate, you beat me to it, thats why I like my double action, 1911, and the wifes 38 revolver with some sweet trigger work.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:03 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D, it's not that dangerous on the North Shore, just a bunch of surfers  :D :D :D, this gun will be mainly my sidearm as a back up when I go hunting.

Again, since my post was the last one on the page and might go unnoticed, ...if any of you Handgun guys have a nice one ( better looking than glock  ;D ;D ) that you are looking into selling shoot me an Email/PM

Thanks

M
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »
As a former LEO I can say I pulled a Glock a few times on bad guys.  If I had to go to war tomorrow ( and I been to war and see the elephant :  Retired Airborne Infantry Pathfinder First Sergeant) I'd want a Glock.  I own a 92F currently along with a DPMS I built with an ACOG.  I'd still want a Glock.

I guess it's all about what your able to use efficiently and effectively.

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 11:57:44 pm »
Gotta say, apart from the looks she shoots real good, and from what I hear they are some of the most trouble free autos
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII