Author Topic: indian paints /secrets we know on woods  (Read 8188 times)

Offline skinU

indian paints /secrets we know on woods
« on: March 24, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
i'm about to set to share a little of  my people's side of bow making out and give secrets that made us ,the blackfoot tribe the most powerfullest in the america's . all the books i've read and stories about how we did things miss nearly 179 degrees. am i quailified...well only dogs ,horses and indians need that paper that says the u.s. gov't can track us and this is who we are...wow!! of the blackfeet band of the blackfoot confederacy there's about 24 of us who got that paper that says 4/4 degree indian blood so after visiting with my elders they think its o.k. to share before another expert pukes out misinformation cause it'll come from us . we trained our kids from day one to be warriors and hunters, i make the only known games that use ancient knowledge that i translated to use for sharing. i will tell it like it is and post when i get to a computer. theres bows and weapons that that i have never seen anywhere else and the types of materials used except by natives. i do like the story of blood grooves on arrows thats a good one .

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: indian paints /secrets we know on woods
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »
Really looking forward to this

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »
   Thank You,, JEFFW

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:48:58 pm »
I cant wait!
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline skinU

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:54 pm »
O.K. I'LL START HERE TO ARRIVE AT ANYTHING IT TAKES KNOWLEDGE AND OURS DOES NOT COME OUTTA BOOKS AND WHEN THE EUROPEANS SAY WE DIDN'T READ ,WELL IT DEPENDS ON WHAT'S GONNA BE READ,WE READ THE NATURAL WORLD AND WE LIKE EVERY LIVING THING HAVE A PLACE, TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M GONNA SAY IS WHAT WAS GIVEN TO US BY THE ANIMALS THEMSELVES. PAINTS OR MORE PROPERLY PIGMENTS ARE A LESSON IN THE OUT DOORS NOT SEEN ANYWHERE. TO MAKE ONE COLOR IS TIME CONSUMING AND IN NOWAY EASY. I'LL CLASSIFY THEM INTO CATS. ANIMAL,VEGTABLE AND MINERAL, WITH THE FINAL PRODUCT RICH AND UNMATCHED IN COLOR AND FINER THAN BABY POWDER, ITS SPIRIT IS AS STRONG AS EVER AND OLD PEOPLE CAN INSTANTLY TELL IT. OF COURSE THIS BRINGS UP GLUE AND THEN RAWHIDE AND SINEWS AS WELL AS WHAT ANIMAL IS PRIME FOR THIS AND WHEN DURING THE YEAR.
I LIKE THE ONE ABOUT SINEWING BEING A PROTECTOR ONLY AND DOIN NOTHIN FOR THE CAST, THATS WELL FUNNY . ALSO THE ONE THAT SAYS WE DIDN'T HUNT OR MAKE WAR IN THE RAIN ....SORRY BUT RAIN OR NOT WE GET HUNGARY AND WARLIKE IN ANY DOWNPOUR.
IF THE GOV'T SAYS SHUT UP ITS WROTE IN THE BOOKS WELL YOUVE JUST READ MY LAST  POST. IF ANYONE CONTESTS WHAT IM GONNA PUT DOWN I WONT ARGUE AS YOU PROBABLY BEEN GIVEN A PEICE OF PAPER SAYING HOW SMART YOU ARE AND ITS USLESS TO GET THOSE ONES TO EXPAND SO I DONT.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:33:48 am »
I don't think that you have to worry about the government here ;)  I'm sure your knowledge will be well received.  I find Native American culture and beliefs rather fascinating, even as a young kid.  It's a shame that society as a whole does not view that natural world with the respect that your ancestors did.   Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:14:37 pm »
Sounds good. Looking forward to your post.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 01:56:15 pm »
Looking forward to this also.... ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline skinU

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 02:50:46 pm »
O.K. 1ST ALL THE BOOKS ,EXPERTS AND HPOE TO BE'S NEVER EVER SAY WHAT THEY EXPECT TO ARRIVE AT IF THEIR HUNTING GOPHERS OR BUFFALO, OR IF THEY JUST WANT TO TARGET ,AMONG SKINS WE ALSO INCLUDE CEROMONIAL OR MEDICINE BOWS.
SURE SOME WOODS ARE BETTER BUT WHEN THEY BREAK AND THEY DO THEY BREAK DOWN INTO VIABLE WEAPONS ,1ST TO A ATLATL THEN A ROCK THROWER WHICH SOUNDS TAME BUT ONE CAN THROW A GOLF BALL SIZED ROCK OVER A 125 YARDS WITH ACCURACY TO HIT A 4X4 FT TARGET. HARVESTING STAVES IS DONE YEAR ROUND AND THE BEST WOOD IS FOUND IN THE BOTTOM OF VALLEYS AND IN THE MIDDLE OF FORESTS AS THEIR WIND PROTECTED, WIND IS WHAT CAUSES CROOKS AND TWISTS .

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 02:43:53 pm »
Thanks for sharing I will be reading allong ;D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Soft Talker

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 02:05:01 am »
This type of information is next to sacred, looking forwars to your next post.

Offline jwarwick

• Paying Advertiser to PA... StavePress
    • StavePress
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:39:23 am »
Thanks Skinu

Jon
Buy a good piece of land and put your heart into it.

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:01 am »
this is gonna be good!
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 09:01:06 am »
you hold the stick and im listening
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Will H

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »
Im listening...cant wait to hear more! :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"