Author Topic: china bamboo bow  (Read 16520 times)

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
Re: china bamboo bow
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 02:14:55 am »
will all intrested in the bamboo,please forward all questions to RT( robin tan)- via pm-  he has all info on the bamboo..........thanks   james

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 01:35:22 am »
i have had several people email me about how to conjoin the bamboo slats that were  glued on the bow in the  pcs on this thread,,,  i used a butt splice at the center of the riser- pics of this step are included,, only masking tape was use to hold the pcs in place while the bow was curing,,i have also added  pics of a few other splice that can be used to join the bamboo slats and can also be used for lam and billets splicing -- ( lap or scarf splice ,fish-tail splice and Z splice) ,i have put them in the how to and build along thread,,, check them out their pretty much self explainitory from the pics ,,if you have any more ?s post them......james

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 09:17:37 am »
that was definitely some heavy bamboo.  bet that bamboo would work great in the bamboo turk bows.  ;)
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Markus

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
That is a goodlooker. Markus.