Author Topic: Location, Location, Location  (Read 10190 times)

DBernier

Location, Location, Location
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:49:53 am »
I am going to renew my request that  PA members who have not done so, go to their Stats page and fill in "at least" their state if not town and state. Saves others from asking where you are located and it actually saves time. Marc, maybe you could post this, again  ;)  on some of the other threads. Thanks.  ;D

Dick Bernier
Mebane NC

Offline DanaM

Re: Location, Location, Location
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:53:50 am »
I agree Dick

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline tarsus

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 01:04:55 pm »
Do you guys know if there are any bowyers on here from Ky?  Or is there a way to search?     ???  Daivd
"I practice falconry, the ancient art of throwing angry pointy birds at things."    Larry Dixon

David
Louisville, Ky

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 03:16:29 pm »
I'm with you, Dick. Thanks for posting this! ;)     
Pat
Brevard, NC
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »
I'll go one farther Dick.  I'm begging, it takes but a minute and helps so much.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

DBernier

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 05:39:01 pm »
It really does save us time who are trying to help people, but have to stop and try and figure out where the heck your from. It delays answers and sometimes you get no answer because the answer would be too long without a location. Some folks ask about wood and there may be 5 species of that wood in 4 states. Helps directing the answer. If some of you have trouble with doing that, thats OK, just let us know or use a privet email.

Dick
Mebane NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 05:49:39 pm »
Here is the process.  At the top of ANY of the forum pages there is a search box.  Right below is a series of boxes, HOME, HELP, SEARCH, PROFILE, CALENDAR, AND LOGOUT.  Click on profile.  The next screen has options down the left side of the screen.  Under "MODIFY PROFILE" click on "Forum Profile Information" Go to location and fill in the blank.  If you really want to get fancy, you can type in your name and location in the signature line too. Now at the bottom of the page click "Change Profile".  Now it will show your location every time you post, or ask a question.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline donnieonetrack

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:20:57 pm »
Just checking to see if I got it right.

Donnie Wilkerson
Gainesville, Florida

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:39:29 pm »
DONE  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 06:24:05 pm »
Agreed, and done. Thought I had already done it, and wondered why it never showed up - guess I hadn't - DUH!  ;D (Sorry I didn't get to make it to Hickory, Dick.)
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 07:27:59 pm »
Done.

Great idea.  Thanks

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

GraemeK

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 07:57:56 pm »
That is a great idea -- I just hope I got it right

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 10:03:43 pm »
I love it when I can redily see where folks are from (at least a State or Country), especially for my Full Draw pic pages.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

8up

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 12:19:53 am »
testing  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:44:47 am »
For any of you guys that are uncomfortable with giving your location maybe your state or even area of the US or the world would help. I know that the younger generation is constantly warned about giving out info over the internet so we want your input on our forum but we don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.    We are all here to learn what we can about primitive archery and show off our stuff to others that feel the same.  ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC