Author Topic: Hog hunting outfitters in Georgia  (Read 8302 times)

Offline Lee Lobbestael

Hog hunting outfitters in Georgia
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:41:52 pm »
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good hog hunting out fitter in or around georgia. Any referrals? I would also be willing to look at wma or other public land as long as its a fairly sure thing of seeing lots of hogs. I live in Michigan an want it to be worth the drive. Thanks for any input!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Hog hunting outfitters in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:58:13 pm »
I would highly recommend the AlexaCarrie Plantation. Tim runs a top notch hunt with excellent accommodations. It is set up for stalking and a bowhunters dream. He has food plots, and feeders with over nine miles of trails and roads connecting them on the Omulgee river.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »
I would highly recommend the AlexaCarrie Plantation. Tim runs a top notch hunt with excellent accommodations. It is set up for stalking and a bowhunters dream. He has food plots, and feeders with over nine miles of trails and roads connecting them on the Omulgee river.

Is that the place you wrote about in the last PA?

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 08:18:18 pm »
Yes, it is. I've been there five times along with Mechlasher, Hillbilly, Pappy, robustus and a few others. I think Chris and I are going back at the end of spring.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 08:59:19 pm »
Maybe someday!! 8)

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 09:06:53 pm »
Cool does he have a website?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 10:04:11 pm »
yes, I'llPM you or just google Alexacarrie Plantation.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 08:40:49 pm »
I'm a member here so ask any questions you'd like.  The website is located at www.alexacarri

All have been successful except old Steve.  I think hogs just tear him up so much he can't get one.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:53:47 am by Justin Snyder »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 02:03:37 am »
Tim, I've enjoyed hunts at Alexacarri but only vicariously through Eddie, Steve and Chris. One of these days I'll be there to participate first hand. I grew up in Savannah and lived in the Low Country of SC so I know better than coming in July.  ;D
 From what I've seen in the pics and videos and what I've heard from the guys you have a first class opperation and beautiful property. Looking forward to enjoying it with you and the gang some day.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 02:12:33 am »
Pat, You'll have fun. :)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »
Tim, I've enjoyed hunts at Alexacarri but only vicariously through Eddie, Steve and Chris. One of these days I'll be there to participate first hand. I grew up in Savannah and lived in the Low Country of SC so I know better than coming in July.  ;D
 From what I've seen in the pics and videos and what I've heard from the guys you have a first class opperation and beautiful property. Looking forward to enjoying it with you and the gang some day.  8)

Pat,
I look forward to seeing you one day. I grew up in the Lowcountry in Walterboro.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 02:13:38 am »
Tim I lived in Bluffton for 12 years before we moved up here to the mountains. Did you know Stan Crosby from Walterboro. He was my next door neighbor.  I'll be down there one of these days.  ;)  Spot and stalk hogs has got to be the best for a bow hunter!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:34:34 am »
I do know Stan.  Also, I lived in Beaufort for awhile and we'd head to Bluffton for some seafood every once and awhile.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 09:37:49 pm »
pat, i've hunted there in august twice.  it's barable, if you wear a kilt. ;D
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 09:14:48 pm »
I'm a member here so ask any questions you'd like.  The website is located at www.alexacarri

All have been successful except old Steve.  I think hogs just tear him up so much he can't get one.  ;D

I heartily agree with Alexacarri-great place, lots of hogs, and Tim's a great guy to deal with. And yep, I'm snakebit on those hogs so far-but not because of lack of opportunity. Seen plenty, just had trouble getting a hog and an arrow to occupy the same space at the same time. ;D At least deer stop moving every now and then so you can shoot at them. :) I'll be back and extract vengeance on 'em as soon as I get a chance, though.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.