Author Topic: Favorite Thing at the Classic  (Read 10050 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Favorite Thing at the Classic
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:10 pm »
Of course, it's the people.  And there's something about the back woods of Tennessee.   ;D

I hated to miss the one last year.  I can't wait.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 12:37:36 am »
Lane...I could sit here for hours till your ears were burning... listing the Good things that are the Reasons why "The Classic" is ....THE BEST!!! Just ask Pappy ...Cracker...or Eddie...hell they will all tell ya... :P

But I'll save my Breath and tell You the Worst part of  "THE CLASSIC"....is Leaving...it has brought tears to my eyes two years in a row as I drove off...and I can bet that this year will be the same...I wait all year to go there again...to rest and let My Hair Down ( I mean literally)....and just have a great time...but leaving breaks my heart....the only thing that keeps me coming...is knowing there will be a 15th Annual...and a 16th........ ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 02:09:04 am »
Mike, we know the reason you get weepy as you are leaving the Classic is you have a 15 hour drive ahead of you. I'd cry too!  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 10:20:41 am »
I'm fortunate to live here in Clarksville and get to go down and have fun at Twin Oaks on a weekly basis. We always plan for the Classic and try to have everything prepared and waiting for all our friends to join us for some fun times. As you know, the best laid plans often are upset usually in our case by Mother Nature...rain!  :) But like already has been said, everyone just migrates under roof, and it seems like all of us sharing the bad weather and spending time talking about our lifes and hobbies only bring us closer. It really is an unusual event, like a family get-together with southern hospitality being shared by all.

I am amazed by the wide range of folks from different walks of life that you meet during the Classic! Many have complicated stressful jobs, and you have to guess that is a contributing factor why we look to the primitive side to counter and bring back some down to earth basic's to the fast-paced lifes we lead. After experiencing the Classic, it seems like most folks can't wait to come back and get their yearly "dose" of Classic goodness to experience some sanity...like this is what life should always be like, or at least we wish it could! The Classic is an event where nobody wants anything from you, other then your presense and friendship...they're just glad you're there, like family. We all need that in our lifes, don't you think! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 12:49:32 pm »
I have been scrimping and saving all winter to make enough extra money to make it to my first Classic.  I did a bunch of Euro mounts to help pay the way.  I got sprayed in the face with liquified deer and elk brains more than I really cared for, but it was worth it.  I even sold the best osage stave I have ever had :'( 

I will be bringing my 12 year old son too.  Hopefully he doesn't get bored.

Here is the link to RangerB's Classic video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oalwJdckn4g
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 01:17:27 pm »
The Boy won't get bored....believe me....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:15 pm »
Yep Mike's right I've seen crazy hyper yunguns sit at the knappin pit watchin the knapping for hurs in total amazement.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »
...and I've seen crazy hyper knappers running all over the place!  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:20 pm »
 ;D Sometimes you just gotta take you're prozac! >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 04:37:38 pm »
The Boy won't get bored....believe me....

As long as there are some girls around his age, I'm sure he won't ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline joanieb

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 10:41:20 pm »
Thanks so much for all the kind words about the Classic. After reading the comments it makes our job much easier to prepare for all our old and new friends to come. We look forward to seeing everyone come back because it's like a "Family Reunion" getting together. I am with Mrs. Mullet, I don't shoot,I don't break rocks, I don't use a saw or a file, but I do love to talk to all the wonderful folks who come to our shoot and have a good time. It makes us feel like we are doing something right for all of you to keep coming back and sharing your talents with us. Just remember to pack a raincoat and we pray we won't have to use our boat this year. Pappy and I are looking forward to seeing each and everyone of you. We welcome you and pray you have a safe trip getting to 14th Tennessee Classic. Yes, we'll keep a light on!
Joanie B. ;)

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:08 pm »
Too bad your already taken...love ya Miss Joanie......... :-*
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 01:06:59 am »
Mike beat me to it. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 11:14:05 am »
I'm definitly looking forward to meeting all of you. This is gonna be my first classic. I can't get enough of these events. MOJAM, OJAM, and the classic. The trifecta of bow building! The people are definitly the reason to go.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline johnston

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 02:09:34 pm »
Really want to thank you guys and ladies for answering my questions. I have been pretty disappointed by some "gatherings" in the past that were related to other things. Mules and guns and such and by nature I don't do well in crowds. But this crowd is unusually fine and I can't wait to meet you people.

Lane