Author Topic: Hogzilla Rival (Proven Fake)  (Read 23336 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Hogzilla Rival
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 07:46:40 am »
Durnit, y'all beat me to the jeep jokes. I was gonna tell him to get some bigger tires on the ol' jeep before he tries to run over one like that.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 08:47:36 am »
The boy and his Father were interviewed last night, Wednesday, on the FOX news channel between 5 and 6PM. It was a telephone interview. He said he fired over a dozen times and hit him a half dozen or so. Father said there were two professional guides with them. I'll reserve opinion on this one. Could very well be true. There are some big pigs out there, even in NC, 300 to 350 lb range.

Dick Bernier

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 10:38:39 am »
You do have to be carefull what you listen too.  I saw a news program that said they claimed it was 1500 pounds.  From what they wrote, and what I have heard them say, they have never claimed anything like that. 
Dick, I believe it is true also.  I just don't think it is what you would call a "WILD" hog.  ;)   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 06:31:22 pm »
   I was wondering how long it would take for the Jeep jokes.I'm going to paint silhouettes on the door like a fighter pilot.It's got a hog,bearded turkey and a bunch of armodillo's ;D
   The web site is monsterhog.com
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

DBernier

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 08:19:06 pm »
Justin, I think some of the domestic farmers raising hog's probably get them up to the 1000# range. I can only assume that one going "wild" so to speak could get that big.  On the telephone interview, his father said some woman on another network was being a sceptic because they did not have the interview with her. Still 1/2 ton of pork is a lot of meat.
  Hey Eddie, my wife can put 3 deer stamps on her car. She does not think they are "Bambi" any more.   ;D

Dick Bernier
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:24:08 pm by DBernier »

Offline jpitts

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 12:29:10 am »
I've had a big sow charge me before and that'll make you brick yo britches. I can't imagine what that sucker would sound like busting through a palmetto thicket......geeeeesh
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2007, 01:18:54 am »
In the National Geo I saw on Hogzilla they said a pig could grow to an unlimited size. The largest recorded was raised in China and weighed 2000#. They had it stuffed. :o  I saw a shoulder mount of a 600#er that was taken on Fife Plantation just north of Savannah in a river swamp. The most interesting but scary thing about hogs is that within a few months, a domestic hog will become feral ; ie grow bristly hair and their tusks begin to grow...in a few months! :o  There is quite a bit of potential there for some dangerous game hunting here in the US.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 03:24:16 am »

i've seen this reported on a german newspaper few days ago, too.
Frank from Germany...

Manager

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:59 am »
check out this website....

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

scroll to the bottom....I dont think it is true.  WWW. Snopes.com  is a great website to go to when you hear stories like this or when you get email about a child and if you dontate or foward an email on they get $$...all of it is so false...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 11:29:52 am by SarahAnne »

Offline Wasatchhawk

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 01:38:40 am »
IT'S Fake!

I don't know why we are getting the story first way out here in the west. But here is the link to the story of the man who recently sold the animal to the preserve.  His wife could not stand letting the public be msiled in believing it was a wild hog.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=333&sid=1266571

However the original owner was upset that people thought the photo was doctoreed because "Fred" was really that big.
A Family that Preys together stays together!

a finnish native

Re: Hogzilla Rival (Proven Fake)
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 09:29:50 am »
Ok. so it's fake. cool.
anyway just to say, that hogs really can get that big in the wilds. For example Russian hogs that the Spanish brought to Florida a long time ago, can grow up to 600 kg. (about 1200#) they get that big in Russia also.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 06:06:40 pm »
Now, I don't understand it. A big old domestic will go feral in a coupla months, and they can raise form pretty big domestics- so why not make a business outta it? "Hunt a hogzilla" or whatever. With all those crackpots out there and stupid hunting places you think this one would have been around already. I don;'t think someone who is out for a trophy is gonna care if it was a wild hog some someone's Wilbur. I bet you could make a decent penny off it, at l;east get alot of customers :P

Oh well. Hog or pig- that's still alot of meat. I bet some would pay for a hunt their just for that!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 10:16:55 pm »
    Russian Hogs were never brought to Florida by the Spanish.Hernando DeSoto listed on his manifest,40 domestic hogs from Spain.These are the ancestors of some of the long snouted "wild hogs" in Florida.I've read the entire manifest and researched DeSoto because of a period Spanish artifact I found.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 10:18:08 pm »
   Here's the other one

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 10:49:49 pm »
Wow man, what's that thing worth?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.