Author Topic: Hogzilla Rival (Proven Fake)  (Read 23334 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: Hogzilla Rival
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 12:21:30 pm »
I guess not being from hog country  it seems unbelievable, I'll trust you guys that it's real. I sure as heck wouldn't want to run into something like that. The biggest animal we have up here in Michigans upper penninsula is black bear. Where would an animal like that hog get enough feed to grow so big?
VB

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 12:27:39 pm »
I agree with Traxx,Looking at the picture, it  looks like the boy is 6-8 feet further back from the hog, with arms positioned to appear they are resting on the hog, the hog is really large but why play photo tricks to embelish?
VB

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 12:51:41 pm »
  It is still one big pig.That new 50cal pistol is no toy pop gun.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jpitts

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 01:30:53 pm »
I'm with Mullet on this one....seen some biggun's but this looks more like a farm animal.....not enough battle scars and such.  Would love to be able to take it at face value, but in this day and age.....you know?
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Bikewer

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 05:37:53 pm »
I don't know if anyone saw the National Geographic special on the original "Hogzilla", but it was proved to be a fake.   A large hog, to be sure, but not nearly as large as the photographs indicated.   
Clever "forced perspective" photography.
NG even dug up the carcass....

These people are associated with the same group that produced the Hogzilla photos, and there is a commercial tie-in as well.  Evidently, they are releasing a movie....

Not to be trusted.

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 09:53:46 pm »
Holy crap man bacon i love my bocan lol :o :o :o :o :o :o :-X ???
Well... I'm with you fellers.
Delmar

Offline jpitts

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 12:05:04 am »
talk about eating "High on the Hog".... :D ;D ::)
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 01:06:15 am »
It was shot on a preserve, so we can be relatively sure it was at least part domestic.  I find it harder to imagine an 11 year old shooting a 50 cal pistol 5 times, than a pig getting that big. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline jpitts

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 11:41:51 pm »
Justin, you mean like a WMA? (Wildlife Management Area) or a private place?
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 12:25:13 am »
   Just heard this kid on a radio show this morning.He didn't know anything.They finally got out of him that he was just tagging along on the hunt.It sure didn't sound very convincing and he also has a part in the new "Hogzilla" movie being filmed.And the kids Dad is selling posters too.They also have their own web site,I havn't even bothered to look for it,but it's monster hog ....something or other
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 12:41:27 am »
OOPS he shot it 8 times.
jpitts, quote from the article, "With the animal finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve".  It is a game FARM. 
My guess is dad paid those 2 guides a lot of money to get them to turn bernard out and herd him past the kid, who made a bad shot anyway.   ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 12:51:07 am »
  I'm with you Justin.That 50 cal had to put some big holes in that pig.I went on a pistol hunt for hogs with some guy's.It was the first time I was undergunned with a pistol.One had a 454 Casul and the other had a 50.Those are impressive handguns.I don't see the kid getting off to many accurate shots with the 50.Well anyway,Mechlesher and I will be next door to the Hogzilla plantation Fri.Maybe we can found "Son of Hogzilla" and be famous too ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 01:01:03 am »
Eddie, shoot 3 60# pigs. You wont be famous, but you will have more EDIBLE meat.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 01:14:01 am »
Eddie, Ya'll hunting with bows or Jeeps? ::)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 01:22:58 am »
Eddie, Ya'll hunting with bows or Jeeps? ::)      Pat
Yea Eddie, dont try to run down one of those 1100# pigs with the jeep.  ;D  Justin

SW Utah