Author Topic: trade bow finnished pics  (Read 15695 times)

Offline bubby

Re: trade bow finnished pics
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:07 am »
thank's for all the kind words everyone, Lane the final stain was minwax oil based dark walnut, but the dark stain down in the grain was from the first stain and that was dark brown rit dye with some rubbing alcohol, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Keenan

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 01:20:30 pm »
Great looking bow. You did real good Bubby, Going to be a great shooter I'm sure.

Offline johnston

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 02:53:50 pm »
Thanks bubby...nothing could make my work look as good as yours but hey, gotta start somewhere.

I just tried staining a scrap piece with very dark stain and then wiping it off with mineral oil.
I think :( it outlined the grain but wont know til I try my stain brew I got outa archives.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Lane

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 03:49:00 pm »
Like all your bows you've posted, it looks great. I like the way the first stain really shows off the lines in the hickory. Just shows that sometimes things turn out great in the end even if you can't seem to see it while working on it (referring to the original stain job). Somebody is sure to be VERY pleased with this beauty!!

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 05:19:39 pm »
That looks amazing.  Someone should be happy!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 11:59:54 pm »
oooooh, I can't wait until it arrives!!!!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline John K

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2011, 12:29:56 am »
Man, thats the weigth and draw length i can shoot, hope it's headed to Wisconsin !!

Great looking bow Bubby, someones going to be very happy  :)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2011, 03:00:19 am »
Naw JW that ones coming to Southern Kansas.

Bubby, I love the way you were worrying and complaing about the stain earlier, I do stuff like that myself. everybody else says " ooh it looks great" and I'm always seeking perfection ( as if I can really ever acheive it). The finish. tiller, handle treatment, tips and everything look great. Somebodies gonna be a happy camper.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline bubby

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »
yeah sidewinder, what with this going out in the trade I was really wanting to build a nice bow, don't want to disapoint the guy who I drew, Bub

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »
I love it.  Nice job man!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2011, 01:27:36 am »
yeah sidewinder, what with this going out in the trade I was really wanting to build a nice bow, don't want to disapoint the guy who I drew, Bub

Bub,

You didn't disappoint my friend!!!  It is a lovely bow.  ;D  Hey JW, it came to my house, can you believe it?? ;D ;D  My wife didn't tell me a package had come until I nearly tripped over it tonight. ::)

I didn't get a chance to shoot it, but I'm headed to the hog lease tomorrow morning and it's going with me.  Wahoo!!!   I may even let Cipriano shoot it.   I'll take some pictures of it out there and post them Sunday night.  Thanks again for the bow, it is beautiful.  That handle wrap is stunning.  BTW, I think some yellow wood is in your future, but it may be a little challenging. ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2011, 01:41:17 am »
cool! congrats gstoneberg thats a great looking bow! look forward to more pics. I know how the wife not telling about mail goes I got pulled over and a ticket for expired tags and I called her after the officer left and she said "What? We cant afford that! " I said well I didnt know and she replies they sent a letter in the mail months ago lol thanks honey for telling me now ;D I went got tags and it was dropped. Again great bow! and I cant think of anyone more diserving to get it ;)
josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline bubby

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 07:17:47 am »
I'm glad ya like her George, hope she shoot's hard and true, Bub

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »
congratulations gstoneberg.  i'm happy for you.  really.

by the way, look me up on facebook so I can "unfriend" you. 

>:(

Nice work, Bub!  Georgey-boy will take good care of it I'm sure.  Just not as good as I would have.   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »
Thanks, and great idea...O my, do you know how many John Halversons there are in Facebook??!!

I just got my 3rivers test kit arrows cut down a bit and points on.  I'll soon post pictures.  My hog hunt fell through when my new scope failed. >:(

George
St Paul, TX