Author Topic: My shop  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Bevan R.

My shop
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:31:54 pm »
We have seen a nice tour of a new shop, and ntd has shown a clean shop..
I can show a new - not clean shop.  :D

Built a new building last summer with money from then new homebuyers credit.
Building is 48 x 24
I insulated and sheeted the inside, then built a wall making a 24 x 12 store room.
This left me a 36 x 24 shop. Heat is from a pellet stove in the corner.
So far I have built 2 workbenchs with 1 yet to go.
Still working on the electical, thus the 'shop lights'

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Bevan R.

Re: My shop
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:32:48 pm »
The BIG Work Bench
8' x 3'

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:33:29 pm »
The 'Small' workbench
6' x 32"

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:35:31 pm »
Sweet shop...some day....some day....
Nate Danforth

Offline John K

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:37:42 pm »
Going to be nice, plenty of room !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:40:48 pm »
You'll get there Nathen, I have no doubt.

Bevan R

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:22 am »
I have a 30x36 but just utilize about half of it due to the women folks  around my house and their need to save/store stuff?

I do have some shop envy looking at yours though.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 01:47:14 am »

I have a 30 x 40' workshop, with a small living quarters, with full bath.  Got a stove, and refrig in the shop.  Haven't gotten all my tools, yet.  A little bit at a time.  I am going back out in April, and hopefully,  after my IRS rectal exam, I will have enough to get my table saw, and band saw.  I have most of the small tools, routers, planes, etc.  Nice Bevan, I wish I could've aforded to extend my shop.  I would love to have one 50 or 60.  Then I could sneak in a little pistol range, and maybe a bow range also.   8)
But that is not to be.  I have a big gas shop heater, or gas eater, suspended above my living quarters in the shop.  It keeps the shope quite toasty.  If propane goes up any more, I may, buy another wood stove, and put it in the shop.  The Quadrafire, I have in my house heats it up very toasty.  I have lots of fire wood available. ;)  I have to put in some benches, and build a work table, and put some cabinets, in the benches, and above them, etc.  I have a lot of cedar, I used for the decking, and some tongue and groove blue pine, and some cedar siding left over, and some scrap plywood, stored in the shop.  I have to build a wood shed for my fire wood, by my house, and I have some roofing metal left over, sooooo, I have a few chores to do when I get out there.  Lots of firewood cutting and sawing, and stacking.  I have a bunch of trees, that were cut when they started the house, and they are all trimmed up, and waiting to be sawed into proper lengths, and split.  Gotta get a log splitter next. ;)  I'm too old, and decrepit to be using a maul and a wedge ! ::)  But I hope to have "MY" shop up and running some time soon.  You guys are making me antsy. :D  Timo, start picking up road kill snakes, big rats,and such, and tell the women folk, they better be careful about going in the shop, and show them the critter, you killed in a manly way...... ;D  Of course a good coat of saw dust, and laquer spray, might make them think twice about putting girlie stuff in the MAN CAVE !  Bevan, is that a stave vice on the bench, like the one advertised here?
     I had planned on putting Grizzley tools, in the shop, but I saw in my wood working magazine, there is a company from Canada, called General International, and have been around for 64 years, and is now in America.  I don't know anything about them. I will have to look them up and see what the price range is compared to the Grizzly, and Jet.  I am leaning towards Grizzley.  My Brother loves his.  Anywho, nice shop Bevan, enjoy! 8)
                                                                   Wayne

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:37:16 am »
My shop just shrank... Very nice Bevan!!
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:03:12 am »
Man that is nice. I like that a lot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 02:18:31 pm »
my 8x24 shop looks a lot smaller now :'(   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bareshaft12

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:49:05 pm »
 :) some of us are spoiled,I on the other hand have to bare the elements.Dreaming!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 04:20:30 pm »
Thats a nice shop! I wish mine was that nice ;D I am in a friends basement for the time being but when we get our next home it WILL have a big shop. I think the shop im in now used to be a old torture chamber or something chains set out of the walls and such kinda scary untill I got it set up ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 04:27:12 pm »
:) some of us are spoiled,I on the other hand have to bare the elements.Dreaming!

I have been planning this shop for over 20 years. Just got lucky with the tax credit so I could do it now.  ;)

Bevan R

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 06:21:35 pm »
whoa...it's been too chilly up here in MI when I started this "bow thing" as my wife calls it  ;D so I simply converted a spare room in my unfinished basement from an AR15 building bench to a Bow Shop, it's 9' x 11 but much smaller since there are desks or shelves around the entire perimeter.  Band saw is in the garage but all my hand work is done down stairs.  Very jealous and envious but if you worked and waited 20 years for it then you deserve every square inch of that Shop.  Congrats!

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~