Author Topic: Painting :)  (Read 2475 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Painting :)
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:22:58 pm »
It's been 15 years since I had painted, I learned from my grandmother who was a pro artist man I miss her. So yesterday I pulled  out her easel and her old brushes and painted this I think it came out good for haven't done it In so long

"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Painting :)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:26:21 pm »
Liike the 'Happy Little Tree' there dude. Used to love watching that show. ;D

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:26:39 pm »
You painted that in a day?! Wow!  Looks great, especially for not having painted for 15 years!

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »
You painted that in a day?! Wow!  Looks great, especially for not having painted for 15 years!
It took me about 2 hours

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 04:32:23 pm »

Bevan R
I tried to do the wet on wet style but I had no magic white made so it started wet on wet and ended wet on dry lol and yes they are happy little trees :)

Offline John K

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:40:41 pm »
Cool ! I have trouble drawing stick people  :)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 02:24:11 am »
That's a nice painting. It reminds me of the mountains in Northern California.. Out by McCloud. Don't lose that gift..
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

HatchA

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:49 pm »

Bevan R
I tried to do the wet on wet style but I had no magic white made so it started wet on wet and ended wet on dry lol and yes they are happy little trees :)

If it's Mr. Ross that you're both referring to, then I've seen some of his shows too.  He was quite a character and a very good teacher of basic techniques for the beginner.  He cut away most of the snobbish attitude that comes with a lot of "real artists"  ::)

As for not having magic white...  my wife says to use linseed oil with something like titanium white - mix it first before putting it on the canvas.

Veyr nice painting man :)  I hope you keep the easel set up and do some more work!!  :)

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 03:48:17 pm »
Thanx  for the info  ;D that's the same way I make mine but I add 10-20% Sansodor to the mix :) I'm
Going to try acrylic wet on wet   instead of oils  you can use just water in place of the magic white it so much cheaper

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 07:58:14 pm »
Hey man if you're going to try acrylics I highly recommend the Liquitex or Golden brands of acrylic. They are pricey but they last a long time and have a lot of different medium mixes to get different effects. I do a lot of painting with both of those brands, because they are light fast paints and because they have heavy and liquid type acrylics.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:43:45 pm »
Cool il look them up I have a bunch of my grandmas acrylics and there still good Its hard to believe. they are as old as I am lol and what new ones I have are system 3  not the 3D she used all  styles of paints for her work my older sis got most of the learning I learned on water colors we shared alot in our life even the same bday  :'( I wish she was still alive