Author Topic: Let the games begin. Bow Trade!  (Read 70528 times)

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
Re: Let the games begin. Bow Trade!
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2011, 02:16:27 am »
When is the sign up next year? I got to get in over here.

Stiks
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2011, 02:54:40 am »
Probably next January of February Kris. We'd love to have you join us.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2011, 03:03:23 am »
Cool bows guys. The zebra overlay on your's Dv is striking!
Grunt, anyone would be pleased with either bow. Can we see some full draw pics?

I agree I would like to see a full draw and un braced :)
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2011, 03:10:18 am »
Those are both great looking bows Grunt, I actually decided on a BL stave that has been eyeballing me for about 3 months now. I was a bit intimidated after all of the horror stories of getting a perfect tiller and having one snap on you. I guess their tillers weren't perfect enough  ;D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Keenan

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2011, 03:29:06 am »
Dvs, That overlay came out great. Love the contrast lines.

Grunt, Those both look great and as Pat said I think anyone would be more then pleased with either one.  An unbraced shot might help dial it in  ;)

Offline half eye

« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2011, 09:28:42 pm »
Fellas
    here's the bow I made for my recipient, cant show all the picks or tell ya what the futhark says but the bow is done....thinking about making a bow case from heavy hair-on cow hide (hair in) the tassel on the grip is hair-on black bear. Hope they like it !!!!

The bow is hickory backed red elm (sort of looks like poor-mans yew) draws 51# @ 28", it's 57" ntn....draws very smoothly and shoots very well. The finish is 6 coats of mink-oil, liquified and rubbed in. The limbs took about 5/8" set and like all the Mollegabets, it draws like it "weighs" 10 pounds less than it really is. Mass weight is 12-1/2 ounces.

Anyways, this is what I got so far.
rich

Offline John K

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:41 pm »
Looks great Rich, just my weight and length   ;D I'll be watching the mail  ;)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2011, 09:34:23 pm »
Very cool Rich someone is going to be VERY happy with that beauty
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2011, 09:36:57 pm »
Excellent Rich!  Someone is going to be happy!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 1776J

« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »
;D ;D ;D
I've been busy on the trade bow as well. I thought I'd make a war bow this time! Shooting for 450 pounds at 38 inches >:D >:D String is 3/8 nylon. ;D ;D

Of coarse I will have to use my feet and all of my 5'6" frame to hit full draw ::)   Just kidding of coarse. When I found this heavily deflexed stave I couldn't resist  >:D >:D >:D

So, are you shooting an arrow with that or launching your German Sheppard with it!!  :o :o

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:22 pm »
Looks awesome half eye.

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:10 pm »
Fellas
    here's the bow I made for my recipient, cant show all the picks or tell ya what the futhark says but the bow is done....thinking about making a bow case from heavy hair-on cow hide (hair in) the tassel on the grip is hair-on black bear. Hope they like it !!!!

The bow is hickory backed red elm (sort of looks like poor-mans yew) draws 51# @ 28", it's 57" ntn....draws very smoothly and shoots very well. The finish is 6 coats of mink-oil, liquified and rubbed in. The limbs took about 5/8" set and like all the Mollegabets, it draws like it "weighs" 10 pounds less than it really is. Mass weight is 12-1/2 ounces.

Anyways, this is what I got so far.
rich

I wish I was the lucky person.  That is so sweeeeeeet!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline NTD

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2011, 11:10:01 pm »
Nice bow Rich!
Nate Danforth

Offline Keenan

« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:23 pm »
Rich that looks awesome! Very sweet tiller and nice theme. Whoever gets her will be a lucky man

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2011, 11:30:05 pm »
Fellas

Who in their right mind wouldn't like that bow, it is a piece of art! Somebody's getting lucky... in Kentucky hopefully ;D