Author Topic: For My Son  (Read 4733 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
For My Son
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:19:20 am »
 I made these Frinight and sat morn. They are for my Son in Illinois. I'm leaving Thursday to go up. Cane shafts, Charlies fletches great combo. Spined 45-50 Hope ya enjoy

I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline half eye

Re: For My Son
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:31:42 am »
very fine lookin set of arrows Mark, think anybody be glad to have them in their quiver !!!!
rich

Offline ohma

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:35:07 am »
good lookin arrows.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 01:16:14 pm »
 Very nice !  Unlike some folks and (not that I don't like the look of decorated arrows),being a "Primitive" archer, I really like an un-adorned look to serious arrows.( 'course I think alot of things, don't know much). Barred turkey fletch,natural shaft colors......Beautiful.   I would think your son will be very pleased.  '  Frank     
(P.S.  I am beginning to like the look and stand-out contrast to a wrap of white down in front of the nock. 'Course that is getting pretty fancy,but I can see them going down range better. (Eyes going soft).
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Lombard

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 03:22:38 pm »
Nice set of arrows, your son should be well pleased. Sparrow you are lucky it is just your eyes, because in my case it is the whole head.

Offline aero86

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:37:54 pm »
what kinda cane?  i like how you made the nodes right before the nock, good work!  i love me some cane, just cut another dozen culms, i like to have some waiting
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:38:12 pm »
sure would be awesome proud if someone gifted me with arrows like that! lovely
wild women don't get the blues

Offline thomas h

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:20:08 pm »
really great looking arrows

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 04:35:08 pm »
Man you have those feathers just flying everywhere...lo.  Great job and great looking arrows.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:02:11 am by stringstretcher »

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »
  half eye,ohma, lombard, thomas..Thank you

sadiejane....Check your PM's and thank you

Sparrow...Thank you. I like the natural look too. Just something about that, plane jane ;D

aero86...Thank you. The shafts are hill cane. I've harvested about 200 and hope to get some morre before ol No Shoulders comes out

stringstretcher...Your fletches are The Best. Thank you

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 05:23:56 am »

Very nice.  Oh, don't be such a wimp, ol Jed no shoulders, would go well on your bow!  Even on your knife scabbard! ;)  Just go to Harbor Freight, and get one of those grabbers, that you squeeze the handle, and the jaws close, and just pick them up, and move them out of the way.  You can always put them in a bag, and then put the bag in the freezer, and then take it out, and let it thaw a bit, and pose the snake in a strike pose, and take it to work...... lots of fun with that......We had a medic at work, on the shift after ours, who was deathly afraid of snakes, and made the mistake of telling us so. :o  Well, at that time we had a lot of coral snakes, around the station, before they removed all the woods, and bamboo stands, and made a county park out of the area.  Well anyway, a week or so later, we found a large one, about 18-20 inches long, and put it in a bag, and froze it.  Then we let it thaw a bit, and posed it in a coiled strike position, and refroze it, and just before the next shifts medics started to do their truck checks, and go through the med boxes, we put it in the med box which is just big ol Plano tackle box.  Anyway, we are standing around talking, and the Medic who is afraid of snakes, takes the med box out, and opens it to check the meds, and there was this loud cussing, and he flung the whole med box in the air, and stood up and sort of flew backwards, and hit the engine parked across from it !  We got quite a kick out of that.  He didn't see the humor in it. >:D  We were nice enough to help him restock the med box though. ;)

Wayne 

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:57 am »
 Thank you stickbender...That's a good one. But I think I would have hunted the culprit down and let his wife collect the life insurance >:D It'll be a few weekends before I can get out again, so the snake boots will get a work-out ;D

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »
hillbilly61- you are a kind and generous man. thanks!
wild women don't get the blues

JustinNC

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 04:01:38 pm »
I like those! I agree with a previous poster about the solid, no frills look to them. Something about raw looking shafts and barred feathers.

Stringman

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 07:46:10 pm »
I gotta say, mark... I am flat droolin with anticipation. Excellent job on the arras, and I can't wait to make me some. Ya see I got me this sorta special trip comin up in Sept that I'm gonna be goin on. It's gonna be me and my brother and a whole big lot of open country with maybe a bear or 2 and if we're very fortunate an elk to walk out with. I kinda had it in mind that a mess of cane arrows would fill my quiver nicely and your offer sure has come at the right time. I only hope that our trade will be equally satisfactory to you. I agree with Sadiejane -- kind and generous indeed!