Author Topic: Is it just me......  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Ncsnipe

Is it just me......
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »
Or do others on this forum think knapping when they get a piece of hard candy in their mouth? I can't eat a piece of hard candy without chewing it up and as I do I first put pressure on the sides and take thinning flakes off. I know it sounds crazy, but I bet others here do it .

Offline StevenT

Re: Is it just me......
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:57:58 pm »
And I thought it was just me being weird. I have a bunch of DumDums and if you are familiar with them, they have a molding ring around the middle. What I found out was that I could put a tooth under the rim and with a little pressure, I can run a flake up the side all the way to the top. If I get it just right, I can run the flake all the way up, over the top and start down the other side. So.... to answer your question... Nope, you aren't the only crazy one.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 06:12:19 pm »

I slice my hands  and fingers enough with rock flakes, without trying to slice my mouth and tongue, with hard candy flakes.  I just make a debitage pile out of it, and swallow it.  ;) ::) :P  Just last night I shoved a small sliver of Obsidian into the ball of my left hand. I spent about 15 minutes with a pair of sharp pointed tweezers, with a magnifying glass on it digging it out.  I think..... I got it out. ::) ;D
                                                                                Wayne

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:58 pm »
as much as i love to knapp
i can say i dont do that

wayne,dont worry about hem obsidion slivers
after a few days and it starts to fester with infection it will push itself out
atleast they do for me
it sucks for them few days,and untill the infection goes away
but they come out  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »
   I don't do that but I do when hiking,shed hunting,cutting staves,riding in the truck,walking to my stand or whille I'm there look at every shoot to see what kind. ASnd if I can get and arrow out of it.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:34:42 pm »
This primitive stuff does get in your blood...

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »
Interesting.

I don't do that, simply because I had to stop thinking about knapping 24 - 7 - 365.  Had to stop thinking about gathering materials alongside trails, roads, and highways as well.  I had to stop because I started tuning everything else out.   ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline iowabow

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:18:57 pm »
I am new and cant think of nothing else but.. how do I do this, and how do I that. I fall asleep thinking about knapping (that sounds funny) and wake up thinking about it, but not with candy.  I did want to see if a ceramic pot that broke could be knapped
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!