Author Topic: New Stump Busters  (Read 2128 times)

Offline HickoryBill

New Stump Busters
« on: February 09, 2011, 09:29:26 pm »
Here are some new arrows I've been working on. They are ash shafts flu-flu style with leather blunt tips. I tried something new and strengthened the nock with some quick steel epoxy.I slit the shaft,90 degrees with the nock, and packed it with the quick steel.Turned out pretty good.The finish is Linseed oil. Can't wait till the snow melts so I can go "KILL" some stumps!!! Enjoy

"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: New Stump Busters
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:45:46 pm »
Cool arrows.  Gotta make me some of those so I can punish them and not my good ones :)

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:59:13 pm »
i made leather blunts before.  i liked them a lot.  got some bad shafts and the force broke the shaft, but the blunt too a beating
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 11:05:16 pm »
I always use a 3/8's ash shaft for stump busters. Tough to beat for that purpose.I've never personally broke one.They are heavier than my normal shafts, but shoot about the same out to 15-20 yards.
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »
yeah, mine were just testers for the actual blunt, not the arrow.  i thought i had found decent shafts, but the grain was kinda hard to check
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.