Author Topic: Tribute to man's best friend - Post your dog stories and pictures!  (Read 21165 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Tribute to man's best friend - Post your dog stories and pictures!
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »
Last nite as I was falling asleep I heard my Scully bark that special yip that said, "Lemme in, I'm done in the yard."  I bailed outa bed looking for slippers only to realize she has been gone from this world for 10 months.  Around 4 a.m. I gave up on sleep.  I put on camo, dug out the shotgun, grabbed a few calls and my license and went out.  I headed for a "sure thing" roost site and arrived late as usual.  I had to walk almost exactly under the roost trees to get in, but I got lucky.  About 45 minutes later the Benelli roared and a bull turkey bit the dirt.  And rolled.  Downhill.  Almost a cliff, really.  And kept rolling.  And rolling.

I finally got to the bottom of the ravine and found the bird.  The fat 3 yr old was piled up in a spot where years ago Scully and I spent a very special moment together that illustrates the very best part of her personality.  7 years ago, that very spot, similar situation.  It was meant to be. 

When I was grieving over the loss of this dog, someone in here told me she would come back to me from time to time.  I told him I have no belief in that sense.  Maybe I'd just dead wrong again as usual. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Stoker

Re: Tribute to man's best friend - Post your dog stories and pictures!
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2012, 04:29:29 pm »
My buddy Luke. Irish setter we rescude about a year ago. My shop foreman. Teaching him to fish but he don't get it.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano