Author Topic: Had to bury my little buddy today  (Read 8801 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Had to bury my little buddy today
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 07:54:06 am »
so sorry to hear.that sucks buddy. i remember staying up with my dog stump all night till she passed. that morning i carried her to the top of bear mountain and layed her down. we camped there on new years eve in -10 weather and it was my biggest memory of her. she kept me alive that night with her fur. after her i got another and could never connect with him the way i did with my huskie. by the way we called her stump cause she was "dumb as a stump".
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline cracker

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 09:37:19 am »
Sorry to hear that Steve it's hard to loose a member of the family especially one that's been around that long.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline uwe

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 09:55:58 am »
I can feel, how your emotions are at the moment. I have 2 of these nice, little fighters. I won`t think of this final, although the days come nearer. They are15 and 11 now...
Sorry to hear this,
Uwe

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:58 am »
I'm sorry Hillbilly.  I have a Jack Russell Terrorist myself.  She's into her fifteenth year now.  I had to put down 'ol Wilbur my Beagle Hound about three years ago!  Anyway, they're at the Rainbow Bridge waitin' for us!  Again, I'm sorry.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:52 pm »
Sorry to hear about your loss Steve.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:03 pm »
Not good news Steve - sorry to hear that! It would seem that we've all had to put a good friend in the ground at some point.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »
Sorry for your loss Bro

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 01:05:07 pm »
Thanks guys. You sure can get attached to some of them.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

HatchA

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 02:17:18 pm »
So sorry to hear another one gone :(

R.I.P little fella

Offline BearG

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:08 pm »
Man sorry to hear that Steve.  We lost our dog 3 years ago and the wife still cant handle the idea of getting a new one.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Grunt

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 05:59:07 pm »
Winter sure is tough on all critters, humans and four leggeds. We are down to one dog now and she is old and frail.  Dogs sure give more than they get. Sorry about your loss Hillbilly. Put some tobacco on the earth and give thanks for all those years you had together.

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 07:40:58 pm »
Sorry to hear that man.  I feel for ya.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline Badger

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:01 pm »
   Soory to hear about Sam, A good Jack Russel is hard to beat. My sister has one she calls the dog from hell, every time I come over he thinks we are going hiking. They can sure entertain us, R.I.P Sam. Steve

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 11:57:40 pm »
I picked up a Jack Russell terrorist on a three day 4th of July weekend once.  He was running down the street scared of the fireworks all around him.  I got him calmed down and in the truck and took him home.  He rewarded me by destroying two pheasant mounts, a brand new Redwing work boot, and two throw rugs within the first half hour.  Having him around was like popping popcorn with the lid off the pan. 

I kept him until the following Tuesday morning when the message I left at the local Humane Society got to his owner.  I was utterly relieved when the owner picked him up and the house was peaceful again.  It was a week later that I went to the Humane Society to fill that huge hole that he left behind.  How did a dog that small dig, chew, and rip that big of a hole in my life so bloody fast? 

R.I.P. you little bugger.  If there's no dogs allowed in heaven I wanna go where the dogs are.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 12:15:58 am »
Sorry to hear that, Steve.  I was a blubbering idiot when I had to bury my beagle early last year, and we had only had her about 7 months.  They become part of the family real quick.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis