Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 145427 times)

JustinNC

Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2011, 10:47:42 am »
Justin, I'll be meeting Wade at the Builtmore Square Mall near Asheville early on Thursday morning. He lives in the Winston/Salem area I think. I leave my truck in the mall parking lot over the weekend. Send Wade a PM oe email.

Aight, yeah I know that mall. Used to go down there occasionally when I lived in Clyde. I think now that Jonathan isn't going to be able to go, I may leave after the wife and kids go to bed Wed. night. Probably leave around 11 or 12, that'd put me coming through that area around 1 or 2am. Shooting to be there right after sun-up. Only stopping for gas, and might grab a biscuit in Nashville before I get there. I'm wierd like that. I'm ready to go to bed (never make it by then) at 10:00, but if I have to drive any distance, Id rather drive at night than the day. I get sleeeepy driving during the day.

Offline BearG

« Reply #361 on: April 08, 2011, 11:11:28 am »
I know some of you guyes hate this count down, but I LOVE it. So with that said  14 DAYS!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:42 am »
I know some of you guyes hate this count down, but I LOVE it. So with that said  14 DAYS!!!
:) ;) :D ;D 8) ::) :o :P >:D O:)
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2011, 11:42:32 am »
I'm with you Justin,I can never sleep when I am getting ready for a road trip and usually  leave in the middle of the night,I would much rather drive at night. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JustinNC

« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »
I'm with you Justin,I can never sleep when I am getting ready for a road trip and usually  leave in the middle of the night,I would much rather drive at night. :) :)
   Pappy

Yep, wife is from eastern NM. We left here in NC at 2:00pm after finishing up all of our visits here, on Christmas day 09, to make a surprise visit to her parents. Wife started driving and drove until 2:00am and pulled over somewhere in Louisianna and we switched off and I drove from 2am til 1pm the next day when we arrived, stopping only for gas. Roughest part was right at twightlight/graylight before day break, a few hours west of Dallas. Once it got daylight I was ok again.

Offline cracker

« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2011, 12:39:37 pm »
That's why my company loves for me to travel I don't stop once I get rolling last time I went from GA to Arkansas I drove straight through with only gas breaks. Boy was my but tired when I got there.Ronnie

JustinNC

« Reply #366 on: April 08, 2011, 12:42:00 pm »
That's why my company loves for me to travel I don't stop once I get rolling last time I went from GA to Arkansas I drove straight through with only gas breaks. Boy was my but tired when I got there.Ronnie

Try NC to NM, gas breaks only........with a 6y/o, 2 4y/o's and a 6 month old :D.

It aint all the way to Cali or the Pacific Northwest, but 1500miles, gas breaks only is the furtherest Ive traveled on land.

Offline cracker

« Reply #367 on: April 08, 2011, 12:54:50 pm »
Justin I'd have to stop and jump off a bridge. I can handle the ride not the kids my patience aint what it used to be. Ron

JustinNC

« Reply #368 on: April 08, 2011, 01:08:21 pm »
Justin I'd have to stop and jump off a bridge. I can handle the ride not the kids my patience aint what it used to be. Ron

Ron it helps when you leave when it's nap time....they're asleep....they wake up and when they do, they have a few new odds and ends that they got for Christmas, atleast the car friendly ones to keep them busy, plus the wife packed each kid a bag full of coloring books and such, then it's night time before long and they fall asleep again and stay asleep for the bulk of the drive (through the night), then wake up the next day and have their new goodies to keep them occupied again. The baby was 6months old, she was good. We'd hop back in the seat beside her and feed her and change her at the gas stops. Luckily the 'bad' diapers were close to gas stops.

Anyway, back to the classic.......Bear....I sure do wish I had the time frame you did on your count down. ;D

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2011, 03:06:41 am »
Hey you guys, sorry Cody and I will not be going to the Tennessee Classic the year. Cody is going to be 16 years old, pretty big time in a young mans life. Things he would like to do, not that bowing is not fun!! He has been doing JUI JITSU twice a week, he is doing ROTC in school and loves every minute. Time not important, life very.

I will miss everything and everyone, I have been at the Tennessee Classic for over 4 years now.  :'( :'( :'(
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline BearG

« Reply #370 on: April 09, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »
13 days
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: April 09, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »
Tina, I'm sorry you and Cody won't be making the Classic. Will Steve be there?   Wish Cody a happy 16th for me.  OH to be 16 again...not!  ;D  ::)  Hope y'all are still planning on Hickory and the camp-o-rama. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #372 on: April 09, 2011, 02:36:02 pm »
I gotta stop torturing myself by reading this thread.  Now that I can't go it's breaking my heart.  My stomach ain't too happy either, it was really looking forward to the Low Country Boil.

:'(
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

JustinNC

« Reply #373 on: April 09, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »
If Steve is going he is more than welcome to ride with me.

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2011, 03:13:32 pm »
Tina, I'm sorry you and Cody won't be making the Classic. Will Steve be there?   Wish Cody a happy 16th for me.  OH to be 16 again...not!  ;D  ::)  Hope y'all are still planning on Hickory and the camp-o-rama. 
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.