Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 145425 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #345 on: April 05, 2011, 03:52:03 pm »
Looks like you folks at Twin oaks had some pretty severe weather there yesterday, everyone ok? sure hope things clear up in the next 3 weeks. Hey Wade, eager to see ya, still beatin on rocks with that dogwood billet you made a few years ago?
VB

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: April 05, 2011, 04:04:57 pm »
Likewise Wade. Call in the evening.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BearG

« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:10 am »
16 days

I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

JustinNC

« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:39 am »
Wade, Pat, when and where are yall leaving from, if you dont mind me asking?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:12 pm »
I NEED HELP!!!!!  I am set to go ;D ;D But my wife is hesitant to let "her baby boy" go.. How do I convince her to let him go? 

Also I will be taking my 94 Camry instead of the mini van small utility trailer, so I wont be able to bring cooking wood.  The good thing is that the Camry is cheaper on gas...  I just love that car.  I bought it for 2K, has 224,000 miles and drives like a dream....

It is the best kind of car to have which is a paid for car ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, that is my dilemma.. Help if you can O:)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline BearG

« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2011, 02:30:01 pm »
Tell her I said to let him go. ;D 
Just tell her he will have the time of his life and meet a lot of new friends.  It is the perfect place to bring a young man or lady.
As far as wood, Pappy haas plenty of wood, not apple, or peacan, but oak and som hickory normally.

Offline cracker

« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »
I second what Bear said this is the kind of place where a kid can have a ball. You don't have to worry about them everyone in camp will help keep an eye on him. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #352 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »
Bring the wife as well. :D

Tell her that we all just turn our kids loose and let them go feral for a few days.  It is good for them. ;D
They gather up in packs and just run wherever they please. Rain or Shine.

When we first started going to the Classic I had the same such worries concerning my son who was about 10 at the time.  He is now 17.  I thought I had to know where he was at all times.  I was wrong.  After a while he had made friends with a bunch of other kids and they were doing their on thing.  Nothing has ever happened. NEVER.  The kids do not get out of eye shot of groups of adults very often.  And, they stay in their packs.

Being a couple of extra pairs of shoes and socks.  They tend to find themselves in the creek fairly often.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #353 on: April 06, 2011, 03:20:15 pm »
Looks like I may be sitting this one out.  My wife and I had planned to take our boys down to FL to watch the shuttle launch on the 19th, but that's now been moved to the 29th.  Maybe I'll see some of ya'll up at Pat's.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

JustinNC

« Reply #354 on: April 06, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »
Looks like I may be sitting this one out.  My wife and I had planned to take our boys down to FL to watch the shuttle launch on the 19th, but that's now been moved to the 29th.  Maybe I'll see some of ya'll up at Pat's.

I'm currently lobbying for ya via text as we speak. I can do that kinda stuff since she's my sister. But.............I do understand completely about not wanting her to go alone.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #355 on: April 06, 2011, 07:18:18 pm »
Yea it got rough here but as far as i know everyones ok.
Need to go ahead and get the rain outa the way now :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2011, 09:17:02 am »
Ya we are fine,man it always happens about this time every year,folks start bailing that I really want to meet, :(O well I understand life happens. We have plenty of cooing wood,OAK and Hickory like Bear said. Things are coming together so we should be ready,Mark we can always use a cook,sorry about Dana and Jesse and the rest, you will have to take up there slack.See yall soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #357 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:36 am »
15 DAYS

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #358 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:53 pm »
Counting down, it's coming quick.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: April 08, 2011, 12:47:48 am »
Justin, I'll be meeting Wade at the Builtmore Square Mall near Asheville early on Thursday morning. He lives in the Winston/Salem area I think. I leave my truck in the mall parking lot over the weekend. Send Wade a PM oe email.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC