Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 145446 times)

Offline BearG

Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2011, 11:09:52 am »
23 days :D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2011, 11:40:10 am »
Here I am Chuck! I check in every so often to in an attempt to maintain some sanity from work! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, just don't know if I can take as much time off this year as in the past years...will have to see how it goes.
Greg, I can't wait to see what new projects you have created (Bows, Knifes, Leather,&etc.) I still remember all the time that you spent with me building my first Classic Hickory Bow, and know there is a lot of other folks that can say the same thing...
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline BearG

« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2011, 12:19:59 pm »
Here I am Chuck! I check in every so often to in an attempt to maintain some sanity from work! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, just don't know if I can take as much time off this year as in the past years...will have to see how it goes.
Greg, I can't wait to see what new projects you have created (Bows, Knifes, Leather,&etc.) I still remember all the time that you spent with me building my first Classic Hickory Bow, and know there is a lot of other folks that can say the same thing...
Greg is a great teacher.  Greg I haven't done anything yet to that case you showed me how to make, but I plan on it soon.  Trying to make some stuff to trade or sell.  things for me can wait.

Offline BearG

« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:49 pm »
by the way if anyone needs any thing from Tandy leather.  go a head and order from the Cincinnati store via web or phone and I'll bring it to you to save shipping.  or PM me and I'll pick it up and you can pay me at the Classic.  Tell the girls at Tandy to give it to Bear.

Offline BearG

« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »
by the way if anyone needs any thing from Tandy leather.  go a head and order from the Cincinnati store via web or phone and I'll bring it to you to save shipping.  or PM me and I'll pick it up and you can pay me at the Classic.  Tell the girls at Tandy to give it to Bear.
order by April 20

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2011, 03:37:15 pm »
Chuck, I may bring some knifes/sheaths I've made...don't know for sure. There is no way one can get compensated for the amount of time making a sheath and/or knife takes...most people wouldn't pay that unless you selected your hourly rate to be under minimum wage. I still have a lot to learn about knife making and sheaths...enjoying them just as a hobby right now. If you start selling stuff, afraid it won't be fun anymore.  :) Thanks for the compliment Bear! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
Chuck, I may bring some knifes/sheaths I've made...don't know for sure. There is no way one can get compensated for the amount of time making a sheath and/or knife takes...most people wouldn't pay that unless you selected your hourly rate to be under minimum wage. I still have a lot to learn about knife making and sheaths...enjoying them just as a hobby right now. If you start selling stuff, afraid it won't be fun anymore.  :) Thanks for the compliment Bear! ;)
That's so true I did some blacksmith demos at the Texas rannassance festival and I'd work my butt off making things and no one wanted to pay for the price I wanted for them but they don't know how many hours it takes to make knives and what not I still managed to sell around 300$ worth of stuff that's not to bad for a season at the TRF
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »
I know what ya mean GregB.  I have made several knives and a lot of folks ask what they sell for.  I tell em I don't sell because no one would be willing to pay the price I'd want in return.  I have found it easy to trade however for something others make.  As an example I traded for a new knife sheath for a set of arrows to a really good friend.  He got a dozen arrows for a knife sheath that fit a knife I made.   Both he and I seem really happy with the trade.  I think I'll bring a few knives to the Classic this year along with a few bows to see what kind of trade I can get.  :-)

See ya this weekend Gregb.  I'll be the guy building the new seats in the knapping pit area.  If the seats turn out like I hope they do I'm gonna ask Pappy if he'd like me to redo the fire pit area by the Knapping Pit area and build bench's around the fire pit.  That fire pit is his pride and joy and I'd sure like to see it real perdy'd up for him and those who come to visit.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2011, 09:44:25 am »
Jon, if you make seats for the firepit...make them mobile, never know how hot the fire might be, or how cold the temperature... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2011, 10:56:59 am »
22 DAYS 4 ME

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2011, 11:31:10 am »
28 for me  :(
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2011, 03:37:44 pm »
See ya this weekend, Jon.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2011, 04:58:29 pm »
>:(LUCKY BAST** ;D

Offline Otis

« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2011, 08:57:20 pm »
This time tomorrow I'll just about be there. ;D  Wish you were gonna be there BearG. See ya tomorrow Eddie!
                                                                          David

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2011, 11:26:15 pm »

Oh heck yeah!  Can't wait.  I'll hope to be there tomorrow early.  I have to build the Knapping pit seats and then maynbe work on something else Pappy has me to do!  :0

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee